Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, good to find a forum for Chi back up for all the questions i no doubt will have when i collect my gorgeous blue pup in a couple of weeks! will post some pics asap :)

First question though...are Blue Chis rare as I cant find many pics or references to them? xx

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Hi All, good to find a forum for Chi back up for all the questions i no doubt will have when i collect my gorgeous blue pup in a couple of weeks! will post some pics asap :)

First question though...are Blue Chis rare as I cant find many pics or references to them? xx
hi and welcome! , i think they are quiet rare as ive never really seen any but PLEASE POST PICKS OF HIM/HER :D x

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
No, blue is not rare. It is a dilute color, like chocolate. There can be skin problems in some blue lines so be aware of that. If you want to learn more, google Color Dilution Alopecia.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hello! Welcome to Chi People!!! This is a great forum! I am a first time Chi owner and can say from first hand experience that this is the go-to forum for all your Chi questions!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your pup - I've seen a Blue Chi before, very beautiful!! Any name ideas yet?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new baby!!

There are a few people here with blues. One here is a favorite of mine. They are beautiful but not rare. A lot of breeders will claim rarity and call their Blues Lavender, Platinum and the like. Some are just not informed and others try to get more money for them using the rarity claim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.