Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've had my chihuahua, Cooper, for a couple months now. He is now 5 months old - and a little devil!

We bought him and paid for him as if he were a purebread chihuahua, he isn't registered though. Now he is 4.5 lbs at 5 months. So we aren't sure if he really is a chi or maybe a mix. He is my sweetheart though, no matter what he is!

I am glad to read some questions and answers I have been wondering about. I'm new to the dog thing - I was previosly a cat person, but I love my chi more than anything!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
I am like you, if I found out my pup wasn't a chi, I would be surprised, but once they win your heart, who cares!! The main thing is that you love eachother!! So glad you are here, welcome!!! :D

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Hello and welcome! Just because you might have a bigger chi doesn't mean he's not pure :) . By the weight chart it looks like he might be around 6 pounds, which isn't big at all. I'd love to see some pics of Cooper! :wave:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hello & Welcome. Your baby could easily be full chi if you are basing that just on weight. But regardless when you love them it really makes no difference. Can't wait to see pics of your baby :wave:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
yeah he could easily be a pure breed just a little bigger - :)

hi and welcome by the way - maybe if you post a pic we could help you more :wave:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hi and Welcome :hello2:

Glad you found us!

Just wanted to tell you my chi Koke is 6 months old and weighs 4lbs 6oz
so your chi isn't really that much bigger.
Don't worry about it, just more to love!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome! I have a 6 month old chi and he weighed 7.8 pounds at his last vet check! I think he is a little more than that now!

I hope you enjoy your visits here. We are one big family and always love welcoming new members!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts