Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jasmine is 9 months old and my mix puppy is 6 mos. Since I am trying to housebreak the new puppy, Jasmine has started peeing and pooping everywhere too. Now I have two dogs who I just can't seem to train. I have to admit I loosened up on watching them every minute since they are getting older and I thought they were catching on. Now, we just had invisible fence intstalled and the dogs don't like a leash and part of the training has to be done on a leash. So when they are out there they are too stressed out to even go to the bathroom. Now it is becoming a night mare. When they are allowed out loose they may start going to the bathroom again, but they just don't like the leash. Jasmine, cant even deal with wearing a leash or collar so she really isn't being trained yet. So she is in the house while I am out with the other dogs and also going in the house. the reason she is getting away with this is because she uses the litter box too, so I am not watching her as close as necessary. Now do I keep her confined all the time again, except when I am really playing and watching her..like at first.. or what?? I am very frustrated. I have had to deal with this housebreaking issue since NOV and I am tired of it already.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chi Lady---By the way, where did you get the angel wing harness in your photo. I would like one for my little devil. I like it better than the dress ones I have seen.

Thanks....anyone else have any helpful hints for my problems??

Denise

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH, my Jasmine is full grown already...I could get her one that she won't grow out of. She is a small 5 lbs. My "puppy", 6 months old is about 15lbs and big brother is 8 lbs. They are adorable, but I would really like the harness in the picture!! 8) 8)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually I am not using litter, but am putting pads in the litter boxes. I have decided to keep them both confined if I am not staring at them. I do shut them in my office with me when I am working, but since I used to have the ltter box in here when they were younger, they will sometimes go on the rug where the litterbox USED to be. It is so frustrating. I clean with a small carpet machine, but I don't think anything getsout the smell good enough for them not to smell it anymore. I also have not thought natures miracle worked any different than anything else I have tried, but does it? I am at my wits end! I feel like my house is never going to be clean again! I also have sprayed NO PEE and vinegar and water and numerous other things on the carpet and nothing has worked. Also mine keep going on throw rugs so I cant have any down near my entry doors or they will pee on them!!!UGH!!! I guess I have to confine them just like when they were brand new. Any other suggestions are still welcome!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I confine her when I am not home and at night. I did crate training and she is litterbox trained but just does not use it 100% of the time. I have to admit I stopped keeping as close a watch on her since she seemed to be using the box ok. LIke for instance, I took the litterbox out of my office and stopped shutting the dogs up in there with me. Then they would go in the house sometimes because I was not watching them as close. I guess i have to go back and start again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts