Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just finished reading a book about chihuahuas and what it suggests is that set up a routine that will work for you and you pups like, first thing in the morning, after breakfast and/or mid-am, then around lunch time then mid-pm, after dinner, and then before bed. And when there is an accident clean it up right away. Praise your dog when they go in the right places (outside or in the litter box). Other things that are suggested to help is don't give your pup attention when you come home until they go potty then praise and love them. Learn to read your dogs bathroom language. Most dogs circle several times before going potty, if you see this grab them and run. Control water intake but don't dehydrate them by controlling it to much. Crate your dog when you leave even if it is for 1 min. Keep your dog on a lead until they are reliably housebroken that way they can't just run behind the couch and go potty. I know that one may be a little harder since your dogs hate the leash but these are the suggestions that the book gave. I hope that they will help. I will be using them myself starting Friday since I will be picking up my pup then :) By the way sorry this was so long.

Faith

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.