Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my mom dyed my hair yesterday, it came out BLACK! Not the color on the box! i hate it! it looks horrible. i cant afford to go to a salon to get it fix. how long do you think i should have to wait to lighten it? i plan to use a special dye that lightens dark hair. My hair was a medium to dark brown with slight light brown highlights and now its just horrid! i loved my hair but i wanted a change and now i hate it. i cant stand to look at it.... i want to get it changed before thanksgiving so no one will see it

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I'm sorry about your hair! I've done that a couple of times and wanted to wear a bag over my head.. luckily they were both lighter shades that could be somewhat covered by another dye but dark mistakes are a little harder. I googled and found some stuff for you, the only thing I can think is to wash your hair a bunch of times to try and fade the color.. even my "permanent" color fades after so many washings. Anyway I hope these links help! Basically they say a color remover from the drugstore and beauty supply shop.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Remove-Dye-From-Hair&id=12543

http://www.ehow.com/how_2003229_remove-hair-dye.html

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Katie said:
I'm sorry about your hair! I've done that a couple of times and wanted to wear a bag over my head.. luckily they were both lighter shades that could be somewhat covered by another dye but dark mistakes are a little harder. I googled and found some stuff for you, the only thing I can think is to wash your hair a bunch of times to try and fade the color.. even my "permanent" color fades after so many washings. Anyway I hope these links help! Basically they say a color remover from the drugstore and beauty supply shop.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Remove-Dye-From-Hair&id=12543

http://www.ehow.com/how_2003229_remove-hair-dye.html
Ditto what Katie said about washing a bunch of times. Back when I used to color my hair, I used to get irritated because the so called permanent colors would fade, usually quite a bit! Of course that was years ago and maybe they don't quite as bad now... I don't know. You have nearly a week until T-day and a shampoo a day should be ample to fade it out. Use plenty of conditioner too!! :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ladies... im going to try color zap and see if it works if it doesnt i will just keep washing then wedsnday dye my hair or something

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
if its not the colour on the box then it will fade to that colour in a few days just make sure you wash it enough but not too much :) i always die my hair black and its brown in a week :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
awww i know what you mean for nearly 18 years i have never had my hair cut and it was lovely and long i could have it straight o curly but i fancyed a change on monday just gone and ive had all my hair cut off the style of posh spice and a red colour on top and black underneath i hate everyone loves it but i dont cos i got to get use to short but i cant wait till it grows cant really do nothing with it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yes, like Poppy said, just wait a bit and it should fade! The colour I have in now was totally black when I first dyed it, but a week or two later it was a lovely dark brown, and now (about 3 weeks later) it's showing crazy hints of red in the light xD

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i couldn't find color zap at the store but i bought color oops. it worked really good. i def. recommend it. my hair is back to my natural hair color, it hasnt been in like 4 years.... we ran out of the color oops(ive got alot of hair) but it still took most of the black out in those spots that didnt get covered it kind of blended together. Im so happy.......:rolleyes: im not dying my hair for a while

thanks for the help ladies

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
claire said:
awww i know what you mean for nearly 18 years i have never had my hair cut and it was lovely and long i could have it straight o curly but i fancyed a change on monday just gone and ive had all my hair cut off the style of posh spice and a red colour on top and black underneath i hate everyone loves it but i dont cos i got to get use to short but i cant wait till it grows cant really do nothing with it.
You cant say all that and not give us a picture,lol!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just remember to extra condition your hair or use a deep conditioning treatment so your hair doesn't suffer color damage (dryness) I personally use silk therapy on my hair twice a week started several years ago when I used to color my hair my beautician at the time recommended it and now I just continue to use it cause of my hair being so thick and everyday heat styling the silk therapy has done miracles for my hair. You would never know how much heat damage my hair suffers cause it is silky soft and shiny all the time. If you can't find that just a deep conditioning treatment or extra conditioning will help too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts