Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any advice... I'm buying a puppy from a breeder that is going to drive the puppy to me, which is 6 hours away from here. The reason is, she was already coming here to pick up some dogs from our airport, so she told me she could just bring the puppy that I was interested in so I wouldnt have to pay for shipping, which was perfect for me. The puppy will be 9 weeks old and 2 days when I get her. My concerns are, do you think a puppy will do alright in a car for 6 hours, and then where I live its another 1 1/2 hour drive to get home. I pretty much have faith in this breeder just from talking to her on the phone and asking her millions of questions, and she assured me that she was not a puppy mill or anything like that. She emails me weekly, close up pics of the puppy and shes getting bigger and looks like a perfect picture of health. But I'm just wondering about the distance being in a car and then her trying to get adjusted to us & new environment and all the other 'wonderful' stress that comes along with a new puppy...

aNY advice appreciated :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i think it's better for the pup then to fly 6 hours !! it's with the breeder so i think it will feel secure :wave:

i see no problem

kisses nat

·
Registered
277 Posts
The pup will likely do nothing but sleep the entire trip. Our puppies made the drive from Marietta, Georgia to Kentucky, then in the car with us back to Indiana and they were fine. They slept the whole time, thats what the young ones usually do :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I agree... a pup that age sleeps a lot, so most likely, it will crash out when it gets in the car.... until it gets in your car and you have to hold and kiss it the whole way home. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol: COOPER! thats exactly what I'm gonna do, (kiss her to death) I just cant wait to get her on the 23rd. Im just hoping and praying that everything will go fine.

THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES
YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST :) :wave:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oH Yeah, Cooper...

I forgot to mention that Ur gonna luv her, she's a little chocolate female with blue eyes :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
tmroby said:
oH Yeah, Cooper...

I forgot to mention that Ur gonna luv her, she's a little chocolate female with blue eyes :wink:
ooohhh... I can't wait!!! Pics! Pics! Pics!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you "Lily's" mom, (ur funny) :lol:
wonderful words of encouragement which I need right now... :wave:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Soon, very soon I will be putting pics of both of my chi's up. The one I have now her name is Teo & the one I'm getting in a few weeks I named her Playdough, which the breeder has been calling her that and she says it fits her just PERFECT with her personality. :wave:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, my baby was in the PLANE for 8.5 hours. Your puppy should be fine. My puppy had diarrhea for two days, and then she was completely fine. I wouldn't worry about it at all since your baby is going to be with the breeder the whole time. Good luck with your new puppy!! =)

·
Registered
21 Posts
It will probably just sleep. when i got my chi he did fine even though it was only about an hour and a half or hour drive but he did fine so ur pup should do fine probably just sleep. good luck to u and ur new pup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts