Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i havent been able to get a harness for my chi chicco, i have bought a collar and lead. I tried it on him but he wont walk! what do i do? should i hold out for a harness? i live in a country where dogs arent liked so the choice of dog apperatus is very limited.
please help! i think he is gettin enough exercise around my house with the children everyday, but i want to take him out with us when i go to the park.
i am really stuck as to what to do....

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
If he's not used to a leash, leave it on his collar and let him drag it around (only supervised though), then gradually pick it up and try coaxing him to come to you with a favorite treat. Eventually he will get used to it.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Keep trying. He will walk eventual;ly. Just keep at it, everyday. Rico wouldn't walk on the lead when he was a baby and I took him to the vet and asked what was wrong with him....he said kee at it and he will eventually walk--and he did !

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Please keep trying to get the harness for him.
I really dont think little ones should be walked
on a collar.
Have you looked on ebay for one? They have a
huge variety on there and will ship all over the world.
What ountry are you from?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please keep trying to get the harness for him.
I really dont think little ones should be walked
on a collar.
Have you looked on ebay for one? They have a
huge variety on there and will ship all over the world.
What ountry are you from?
I live in the UAE. I would order something off ebay or amazon, but i cant get it posted here. Silly place doesnt believe in addresses! ha ha! there is a dog show here at the weekend and im hoping there will be one at a stall. The only other option is getting my mum to bring one when she comes out in a few weeks! I really dont want to walk him on a collar and lead, but it feels unfair he cant go out. xxx

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you are handy with sewing, I've seen some people make a harness vest.

PS: I hope you can share some more info on your country in other threads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have managed to get a harness for chicco from a japanese shop in the mall. only went in to have a browse! brilliant. and he doesnt seem to be complaining! YAY!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I live in the UAE. I would order something off ebay or amazon, but i cant get it posted here. Silly place doesnt believe in addresses! ha ha! there is a dog show here at the weekend and im hoping there will be one at a stall. The only other option is getting my mum to bring one when she comes out in a few weeks! I really dont want to walk him on a collar and lead, but it feels unfair he cant go out. xxx
Are you serious, that your country does not have address?
How do you get your mail?
This may sound stupid, but what country is UAE shortened for?

i have managed to get a harness for chicco from a japanese shop in the mall. only went in to have a browse! brilliant. and he doesnt seem to be complaining! YAY!
That is fantastic :)
I am so glad that you got a herness for him :hello1:
Why are dogs not liked in your country? :foxes15:

Sorry for all the questions but I guess I am just a curious person.
I hope you dont mind answering them?

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Glad you managed to get one. :) Definitely best using a harness, I wouldn't use a collar and leash on a chi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts