Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I know there is a thread on eating bad things but I can't remeber where it is and it takes like ten mins to load every page on my phone, I need some quick advice.

Feo just got hold of some chocolate buttons and ate the lot in a second, he didn't even chew he just swallowed them. He ate about 30 grammes, he weighes 4 kilogrammes (9 pounds) , the choc wasn't high coco content, it was 31 percent coco solids. Is that ammount going to be harmfull to him??? Do I leave him or do I use saltwater to make him vomit?? If so how do I do this? :( I'm panicking

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi,

I don't know how much is to much but personally I would call the emergency vet, they'll tell you if he needs to get immediate help.

Good luck, keep us posted, hope he's ok.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Great link Tracy! I'd also call the vet--I'm not sure what kind of choc he ate but that will depend on the effect it has on him. Some of them are very potent & others not so much. I hope all goes OK. I know how scary it can be. :(

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'd definitely call the emergency vet. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

(Great link, Tracy)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Please call your vet or emergency vet immediately. Chocolate is toxic to a little chi and could cause death.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thankfully feo seems fine, I called the vet and she said he should be fine as it was a small ammount and it was weak kiddies milk chocolate. I was just so worried as I know the theobromine can affect the kidneys and feo is having an operation tomorow so I was worried it might affect him processing the anaesthetic. I will ask the vet who is operating tomorow morning just to be sure (I am geting him done at the local dogs home rather than the vets). thanks for your advice everyone, unfortunately I couldn't load your link Tracy, something about not having flash player on my phone. I am watching him closely just in case he starts to look ill, but I think he is going to be alright. Xxx

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so glad he's doing ok. :) x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts