Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need the forum's help. I want to get another Chi puppy (milo needs a sister - or brother) but I've googled till my brain hurts trying to find a reputable breeder in Texas (or even in neighboring states). I found one good breeder of longcoats but I think I really want a shortcoat female as I want to minimize any issues since Milo has been the male dog of the house by himself for 5 years and I figure he will get along with another female pup first - and then later I can add others to teh family with less of an issue. Can anyone pm me or help me out? I tried the AKC website and it didn't help too much. I'm either finding puppies who don't look pure breed or puppy mills or the "teacup for 3k" variety. Can it really be this hard to find a reputable breeder? Did any of you find a breeder you liked and then have the pup shipped? I'd like to drive out and see the place if possible unless others have had success buying from a long distance breeder - then I might consider it. I just want to buy from a responsible breeder who loves their animals and don't want to contibuite to the puppy mills but am having a tough time weeding through them all. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was also wondering how to find a breeder in Texas. I plan to get a Chihuahua but I won't be able to for a few years now but it would be cool to talk to a breeder about what to expect and what not.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
At this site you will see the map and can click on your area and surrounding. CCA Breeder Directory

Here is Texas breeders that are Chihuahua Club of America members
There are quite a lot to choose from ;-)
CCA Breeder Directory

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Just be sure they're reputable.

As a general rule to our area here in SETex we don't go to Mauriceville for breeding as there are too many puppy farms out there. I'm also suspect of a breeder in Leesville who has been posting on Southeasttexas.com since around the time I got G (August) about different "registered" litters, only she has about 10 different breeds going at the same time, she just doesn't link the ads, but I can tell they're the same from the contact info.

I went through a lady in Conroe when I got Godric, I worked with her through emails, and phone calls etc before we committed to getting him, she sounded great - and then when I showed up it was a whole different story so just be careful and do your homework, there are tons of good breeders in Texas

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Amanda is right, these links are just places to start. Do your research ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts