Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to sound silly, but Bella is getting spayed today. I took her in around 7:30 this morning and I just got off the phone with the vets office, they haven't started her surgery yet and it is around 11:30 here.

I am a wreck. I can't seem to get anything done. I have already rang the vet 2 times today. :oops: :oops: And I will be calling back in another hour. I just can't help myself.

I trust the vet I took her to, but I still can't help but worry. She was so scared when I dropped her off. It was out of routine for us. And to think she has been sitting in a cage since 7:30 breaks my heart.

Did any of your babies eat after the surgery? I was told she could eat a little, but probably wouldn't feel like it. I just want to be sure that I have eveything I need here before I pick her up. Did any of you fix something special for them to eat? She hasn't eaten since 7:00 pm last night.

Were your babies active? The vet said that puppies bounce back pretty quickly...I sure hope he is right.

Please say a prayer for my baby today to be sure she stays safe and the surgery goes well.

Thanks,
Leslie

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
My Bella was just fine post surgery...just a little quiet...she ate lightly and drank some water...her incision line was so fine, you could hardly see it.

I will keep your little Bella in my thoughts and prayers today....try and stay calm, she will be home before you now it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was just like you I actually got really teary eyed when I dropped Isabelle off at the vet. Everything went fine though and I'm sure your Bella will be great too. We can't help but worry about our babies. After surgery she wasn't really in the mood to eat she just slept alot. The next day she was up and running around. Keep us posted though..
Holly :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
She's going to be just fine. It's perfectly normal to be scared and nervous, after all, it is surgery, but knowing you have a great vet and you can trust him/her is key. :)

Let us know how she is when you bring her home. Just give her extra loving and she'll be just fine. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was just like you I actually got really teary eyed when I dropped Isabelle off at the vet. Everything went fine though and I'm sure your Bella will be great too. We can't help but worry about our babies. After surgery she wasn't really in the mood to eat she just slept alot. The next day she was up and running around. Keep us posted though..
Holly :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
I can totally relate to your worry but I'm sure she will be just fine. Angel was spayed a couple of months ago and did just fine. She was a little ticked off at me for leaving her at the vet but that's about it. She slept the rest of the day after coming hom. She was a little sore around the incision for the first couple of days but after that she was ready to run marathons and she ate like a pig. LOL

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, it really helps. I knew you guys would understand and it means alot to me.

I just called the vet again and she is NEXT! OMG...the panic is settin in. I feel like such a big baby. I have cried my eyes out so many times today already.

The vet will call me when she is in recovery. Oh my poor baby! I am so nervous..... Be strong girl...be strong!

Leslie

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
luvmydogs said:
Thanks everyone, it really helps. I knew you guys would understand and it means alot to me.

I just called the vet again and she is NEXT! OMG...the panic is settin in. I feel like such a big baby. I have cried my eyes out so many times today already.

The vet will call me when she is in recovery. Oh my poor baby! I am so nervous..... Be strong girl...be strong!

Leslie
You sound exactly like me when Cooper had his knee surgery almost 2 weeks ago. They might as well have let me sit in the waiting room the whole time because I most certainly called them every 10 seconds to check on him.

Is there any word yet?? I'm sure she'll be just fine but Cooper and I will keep our fingers and toes crossed that she has an easy recovery and is back to normal in no time!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got off the phone with Dr. Mac. My baby girl is resting and doing good. He said she was a real trooper. I am so proud of her. And I am so RELIEVED..... I thought I was would pass out from stress if I didn't hear from them soon.

Thanks for all your comments and wishes for my Bella. She means the world to me and I don't know what I would do without her.

I get to pick her up at 5:00 today. I will be there at 4:45 :D I am off to buy her some new things to spoil her rotten when she comes home. And I will be with her all day tomorrow as I took the day off to spend with her. She is also getting an e-collar. I will post some pics when I get some.

Leslie

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Glad to hear she's had the surgery and she's going to be a bundle of energy again in no time at all. It's amazing how quickly they do bounce back. I've been thru' that anxiety 5 times (with 3 previous labs and then our 2 chis) and I think we always feel much worse than them. Minx & Brooke send heaps of love and licks to Bella. :love3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts