Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrgggh! I need to lose some weight (about 15lbs) and get a bit toned for the summer but I just can't get motivated! :x I bought 2 pilates DVD's - I did those and jogged for about 1 1/2 weeks (only) and then it started snowing again and got really cold and I quit. I just can't seem to keep a routine! How are you girls doing it???

·
Registered
100 Posts
I finally just started forcing myself. Somedays I just do a short routine, enough to raise the metabloic rate anyway and somedays I do a full routine. I'm still not motivated though so it truly is force myself.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, I just find it so hard. During the day when I am working I get myself all pumped up to look good for the summer and tell myself when I get home I am going to workout and once I get home all I want to do is relax! And the more I watch what I eat, the more I pig out and eat bad stuff! I just don't know how to do it! I need to go on Dr.Phil - he'll whip me into shape! lol :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
I find it hard to keep myself going too.
I just tell myself all the benefits ill have in the long run
*better more toned body
*more self esteem/confidence
*healthier
*fitter

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I did Pilates for several months and then quit because I hurt my knee...then after that I didn't start back up because I lost my motivation. To get it back, I bought a really fun dance video. It has the funnest dance moves and you get to learn salsa while getting fit. Maybe you could look for something FUN to help motivate you. Also, I do it right after work - after a long day in the office it is kind of nice to get up and move around.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Boogaloo - THat is a great idea! I think I will look for some sort of dance video. As long as no one will be around to watch me work out. lol I am the most horrible dancer hehe. Thanks guys for the ideas and advice!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i guess i keep going by concentrating on how good i will feel when i get to goal. I keep just picturing myself feeling and looking great in a bikini.
I have actualy read this techniquie as a form of self hypnosis, it certainly is motivational.
mia
x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts