Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find and organization that can help me i need one molar pulled out it came in sideways.Also i need two other teeth removed and braces otherwise i will look like an old woman.I checked a clinic here they won't tell me the price and you have to pay cash on the first visit this is supposably a low income clinic.Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
El Paso Texas

I am afraid that their is no dental school where i live plus the clinic with the lowest cost is just too high for a low income and they want cash only.must pay for all dental work done that day.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Oh Princess Ella, my heart goes out to you. We are very low income and I have been able to find assistance with every type of health care except dental. As a result, I am losing me teeth one at a time. It's awful. I don't know what people are supposed to do.

·
Registered
262 Posts
well i'm from the uk so don't really know what to suggest, but dental care costs a fortune here too, even if you go to an nhs dentist, which funnily enough you can't get unless you are already on their books. i only go when something's wrong, no way can i afford a check up every 6 months!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
This is just a though maybe you should write to your local news and maybe someone will help you. People do it all the time where I live. Good luck!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is there a Charity hospital within driving distance? We have one in Baton Rouge and every dentist has to intern there before they go on to private practice. You actually get really good care there.

I feel for you concerning the teeth issue! I have dental insurance and still can't afford to have my teeth fixed. I had a root canal in 2001 and had to pay $600 out of pocket (and yes, that's WITH dental insurance!) I had so much trouble with infections after the surgery that I was advised to have the whole thing redone - but of course I would have to pay another $600. :rolleyes:

I never got it done and have just suffered for the last 6 years - isn't that awful? Now I've noticed I have some new cavities and a huge crack right down the center of my front tooth. I have no idea what to do about that because to get my mouth in the shape it needs to be in, I'd probably be out a couple thousand dollars.

What am I paying dental insurance for? To give me a good cleaning every 6 months? What good does that do me? Grrr.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts