Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have read that female dogs will hump other female dogs to show their leadership in the pack, but........

Chloe was sitting on the couch next to me and the next thing I know she mounted my arm and started humping my forearm! I pushed her off of me but she jumped back up on the couch and started doing it again, so I pushed her off the couch again. She doesn't do this to Colette or my daughter - what's up with this? How do I stop it? She isn't fixed yet because my vet won't fix her until she is 5 pounds or 1 year and right now she is still in the 4 pound range and she isn't even 6 months old yet!I did find another vet that will fix her now at 4 pounds but I can't get her in until November. I have seen and heard of male dogs doing this to their owners and other objects, but not female dogs!

Help PLEASE!!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The best thing to do is to make a loud noise then get up and walk away. Hopefully she will realiese that its no fun if it makes mum leave!
Unfortunatley spaying will have no effect coz its not related to sexyness, but to being a bossy little moo!!:D

·
Registered
602 Posts
There is alot of debate about if mounting and humping is a dominance thing. I think in the pack, this could be the case, but I not so sure with you?

I agree with the above, give her a time out or leave her alone in a boring room when she does it. Like any bad behaviour, it might take a bit for her to ditch.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Kiki did the same thing to my ex bf's arm when she was a pup. It was quite disturbing lol. Then she started taking her teddy for a quite moment in he crate ;)

She still does it now (she was spayed earlier this year) to Gambit and Chaos but I just clap my hands and she stops. Best thing to do is distract them. If she's on the sofa and does it to you, I'd tell her a firm 'no' then put her on the floor. She'll soon learn its unwanted behaviour.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
It is dominance she's testing you

I don't mean to be rude but find another vet! What if Chloe didn't hit 5lb your vet wouldn't spay her?? Daisy was 4lb when I had her spayed my vet didn't think twice about it. Also at a year she would have had one season has a slightly higher chance of cancer plus pyometra phant pregnancies everything. There is no need to wait until she is 5lb I'd find a vet who will do it mine neuters guinea pigs and dwarf rabbits so do most vets so i trust them

Anyway back to humping bite her with ur hand if she carries on she obviously isn't getting its unwanted

Daisy use to have her way with her dog teddy I was like a banshee when she did it stopped it straight away coz I don't like humping.. She humps other dogs sometimes that doesn't bother me but me and toys nope never

I got it all to come again with bat fink

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Poppet did this to my mother and all of my visiting friends, but for him it was a dominance thing as he never did it to me and pretty much fell directly behind me in our little "pack" hierachy.

Maybe some exercises in which you exert your dominance? Making her do a command before receiving her food, Going for walks with her at heel. Things like that.

·
Registered
730 Posts
hm yeah just let her know its not okay. That is a little weird but my boy doesnt hump anything but this one stuffed animal hes had since he was a puppy. lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
my mimi does the same thing to me but wont do it to my boyfriend or any of her toys its only when she starts to lick my forearm she will start humping im constantly telling her no and pushing her off but she doesnt seem to stop :foxes15:

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it is something that has just started you might want to first check if you have changed anything with a scent, perfume, soap, laundry detergent, etc etc.

Our boxer Pearl humped my boyfriend out of the blue one day when he was laying on his bed...in the end after several hilarious days of him having to avoid laying down near her we realized that the problem was he had changed his deodarant and something in this new scent made her crazy! Needless to say he went back to his old scent immediately and the problem has never happened again!

Something to consider.
Jenna

1 - 9 of 9 Posts