Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought liver and heart organs the other day and introduced them to Maya. She won't touch anything raw, so I boiled the organs for a few minutes. She still won't eat them. Is there a way for me to prepare this in a way that will be more appealing? She eats TOTW, and I like to supplement with various meats, but chicken seems to be the meat she will most readily eat. How do I get her to eat other meats? I've even pretended to eat the food out of her bowl, but that didn't even work, lol. Help, how do I get my picky eater to eat the healthy organs???

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Have you tried cutting it up in itty bitty small pieces? I would try mixing it in with the TOTW and if you use the boiled meat, pour a little of the water (stock) that you boiled the meat in and pour it over the kibble.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I have to lightly sear/cook Zoey's organs in a little butter & garlic powder then a little parmasan cheese, then cut up into bite sized pieces and hand feed like they are a treat.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yay, I seared the organs in a little olive oil, garlic powder, and pepper, and she ate them right up.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Have you tried cutting it up in itty bitty small pieces? I would try mixing it in with the TOTW and if you use the boiled meat, pour a little of the water (stock) that you boiled the meat in and pour it over the kibble.
that sounds yummy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts