Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little bruiser will not stop eating my hands!!!!!!!!! I have tried everything chew toys mini rawhides. No! flip on the nose he wants to eat my fingers!What do I do I do not want him to bite when he gets bigger! Help

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
bruisersmom, I had the same problem with Gadget. I tried everything and it wasn't working, then somebodyon here said to flip him over on his back and hold him there and everytime he tries to bite tell him "NO CHEW" well, that was a laughing joke because he would chew on me more when I told him "NO CHEW" so I starting saying "CHEW BAD" boy it worked.. no all I have to do when he tries to chew on me is tell him ""CHEW BAD" adn he stops... it is amazing...

I think I had to flip him on his back 3 or 4 times a day (everytiime he chewed on me) for about 2 weeks. If that... and then one day I just said "CHEW BAD" without flipping him and it worked..

good luck... I don't want Gadget to chew when he is older either..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

I will definitly try that. Make sure you go over to newbie corner! I finally put up a pic of little bruiser. I think Gadget it just a cutie pie.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been having the same problem with Cora, and have been trying the put her on the back thing, and she's improved, but she has her bad days and her good days. I will try saying "bite bad" instead of "no bite". Maybe that will work better, thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Bruisersmom, that nk and I will go check out his new picture..

I have heard of the bitter apple spray, but I'm not sure I want to use it. Gadget likes apples and I don't want that to make him stop liking apples... and since it is only my hands he chews on I think I will keep doing what is working for him..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts