Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got Bella from a pet store.....but I was informed after the fact that she may have come from a mill....I was extremely sad to find out what a puppy mill was from someone on this site. I am now wondering if I can register Bella myself...somehow? Also, even though I was told by a rep at the store that she came from a breeder, however, they did not offer the information. Should I go to the store and request the info to make sure that she did come from a breeder and not a puppy mill?
Someone please help me? I would appreciate any information that any of you could give me mostly about how to get her registered and what costs would e involved.
Thanks in advance
Cherie

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
if she is not from a registered litter you cant register her (I dont think I am wrong) you can always ask the pet store hoping they are honest.....

unless your showing etc registering is not necessary.

More info may be provided by more experienced people :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. But I am now furious because I have paid over $1200.00 for her, and the papers say they are not registered. UHHHHH. The girl at the pet store said that they are not registered because they would cost even more if they were registered. I feel sooooo ignorant. I should have done much more research before I bought a chi....Dont get me wrong, I LOVE HER SOOOO much and would NEVER give her up for ANYTHING> I'm just upset that soo many people are liars and crooks and will do anything to make a sale.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
unfortunately they are out to make money--championship bloodlines make a chi more desirable--anyone can register really........just consider lesson learned -- next chi buy directly from a breeder. The avergae price I found for a chi was $850 and up which is just silly. I paid $550 for mine and that seems high to me :roll:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
You can still register her through CKC when she is 6 months. All you need to do is take and print 3 pictures, one of a left shot, one of a right shot, and one of a front view shot. On this application you need 2 witnesses that state she is a purebred. I can be your BF or family members or friends. Send the photos in with the $10 registration fee and the application and then she will be registered through CKC. I have attached the link for the application. Hope this helps! :D

http://www.continentalkennelclub.com/Downloads/online_canineapp.pdf

·
Registered
127 Posts
From the research I have done, reputable breeders do not sell to pet stores. I don't want to say all, but 99% of pet store pups come from puppy mills but of course pet stores are not going to tell you that. You don't have to take my word for it, just do a little research and you will find the same info.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
But on the bright side, Bella is adorable and I'm sure she deserves a loving home.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Congratulations on becoming the mom to a little chi. I have a Bella also. Your Bella is just adorable !

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks nabi..for the compliment on my Bella. Can I see a pic of your Bella??[/quote]

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
cherie

hey cherie,

here in belgium the prices of chi's are also getting up the roof!!
they are getting so popular, so they are beginning to ask double... and most of them are not registered either!!!
i paid 750 euro for viper (980 usd) and for cosmo 950 euro ( 1240 usd)
and normally they ask for the smaller ones more...but cosmo is almost double in weight as viper.
they are chipped, wormed,vaccinated and have a passport from europe.
but now they are getting chi's supercheap from russia and hongary , and i learned after i recieved viper's passport he was from hungary.
i bought cosmo with his passport and he's a 100procent belgian :wink:
i just wanted to say chi's are big business now and there are so many cheaters....try to be careful when you buy a chi, now it's too late... so just love your adorable chi and don't worry to much.

hugs and kisses nat

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
yes i love bellas coat she looks silver! :eek: :D

the prices for chis here in the uk are unbeleivable!

750.00 GBP is the average for a chi really
which converts to 1,415.21 USD
United States Dollars

which also converts into 263,696.70 HUF
hungary forint!

Terrible! lol

x x x

Hope you have a life long time of fun with your little bella!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts