Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: hi all! i just got a digital camera ..how do you keep from getting the crazy eyed chi??all of yalls pics are sooooo good! i've tried it without flash..just comes out to dark..i'm really eager to share pics of my chi! his name is rambo!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
What kind of camera did you get? You really need a better quality camera to avoid that. I have a half decent one and i still get it and mine has a red eye feature that helps too. Other than that maybe your lighting in the room may have something to do w/it.

I love sadie should have some tips for you--I am the daughter of a photographer and I dont know what to tell you other than above :oops:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
does your camera have different settings for your flash? if so find the one for red reduction and use that. you will never have those crazy eyes again.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Hi there! Getting well-exposed eyes in ANY subject is tough to do. "Properly" eyes should show good definition and detail with natural color rendition and hopefully have some "catchlight".

Some tips for getting shots with "good eyes":
1. Use natural or available light that isn't direct (like camera flash). Try positioning your chi to the side of a window or light source.

2. If you HAVE to use flash on a point and shoot camera, try diffusing it with some translucent material like tissue paper (make sure it is white, otherwise your white balance will be off = colored chihuahua), or bouncing the flash off the ceiling by positioning a business card under the flash. This diffuses the light off the ceiling and takes the harshness of direct light off your chi's eyes.

Good luck -Nate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts