Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to sound crazy but my chihuahua (Gidget) has been excessivley licking for the last hour+. Her heart is beating Im sure twice as fast as it normally does and she is licking absolutley everything...the carpet, her blanket, furniture, chairs, and if you pick her up she licks you, your shirt anything that is close to her. I put her outside to potty and she goes crazy eating the grass. She hasn't eaten anything unusual just her dinner. I don't know what is wrong with her, if anything at all. It is kinda freaking us out!!!She has never done this before. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Help!! Candice

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sometimes that kind of obsessive behavior can be linked to seizure activity. I'd have her checked out.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Try to flush her mouth with water (with a drenched wash cloth). I would also give her a bath real quick.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
It can also be excessive anxiety. Do you have a vet you can call?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just an update on gidget...she finally stopped licking about 2 hrs later and has been normal since. i talked to my breeder and she thinks that she ate a piece of food that was to big and it got stuck in her throat so licking was the best thing she could do to try and create saliva to push it down. gidget is all good now...thanks for all the input!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts