Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new baby. The lady who previously own him keep on changing his food so on the top of his head is bald his coat is rough what can i give him to improve his coat i took him to the vet his skin scraping was neg. I have previous post about the crazy lady who owned him tried to register him in her name not mine on all of his vet records that she gave me have his b- day is down as 1/5/05 on the registration paper has whelped date is 1/30/05 so which one is right i think he got all of is shots early.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Is he itching? Does he have any other symptoms? What color is he?

A little more information please, there can be many causes for hair loss.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is a blue chi. His hair started to fall out when she gave him royal Cain for adults he was only 3 months then she switch to puppy chow with out easing him off of it . It is sloooooowly growing back if doesn't seem to bother him at all.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hair loss can be a genetic thing in blue chi's and could have absolutley nothing to do with his diet......I think its pretty common for blues to loose alot, if not all of their hair eventually.Now you have an excuse to buy cute lil sweaters for him!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
PB&J'sMom said:
Hair loss can be a genetic thing in blue chi's and could have absolutley nothing to do with his diet......I think its pretty common for blues to loose alot, if not all of their hair eventually.Now you have an excuse to buy cute lil sweaters for him!
Yes it can be genetic. It's called Color Mutant Alopecia or Alopecia X.
If a pup has this condition, it should not be bread nor should the mother be bread anymore.
If your lucky your pup will just experience hair loss with no other symptoms. Usually though there are other things like food allergies that accompany the hair loss.
The only thing that you can really do is give them the Omega 3 Fatty Acids. At this time there is no cure.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I put Omega 3 and CoQ30 in Cooper and OmaKitty's food every night. Their coats are so beautiful and Cooper's, especially, is shiny and healthy looking. Before I began using the Omega 3, it was a bit dull and rough. I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
yeah i give mine a paste with vitamine pp and omega 3 (and other vitamins) and their coat is shiny and smooth

i hope your baby gets better....

kisses nat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts