Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had my one year old chi for about 4 months now, and this morning when I woke up she had thrown up all over the house. Twice, it looked like food based (cheese maybe?) and a few times it was just some frothy puddles.

I'm a new dog owner so I only have two settings: contentment and panic!! I think it was something she ate? Might have been the cheese in her Kong or something. But I'm not sure what to do, should I take her to the vet?

She's acting a bit lethargic, not really bounding around like usual and just lying in her bed.

Please help, I'm freaking out a little bit!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Take a deep breath there PuppyLove!!! Make sure she is hydrated (drinking). Pick her up and gently press on her abdomen. Does she not like it? Cry? Try and get away? Is she constipated? Like little rabbit turds? Sometimes when my chi Zarita gets that way, her tummy is hard. I gently message it. She doesn't cry or try and get away, so I figure it might feel good. Get the gas to move around in there? On the other hand if your pup is not drinking, her tummy feels hot and distended, she's not interested in eating, she is obviously not well, then get her to the vet. The vomit may have been bile, which is yellow (like cheese) and usually means an empty stomach. Let us know what happens please, we all care very much! Sue

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
The above is good advice. When do you feed her? What do you feed her? I have some that are allergic to a lot of the cheaper supermarket dog foods, they would get bloated and/or vomit until I found the right food that addressed all their allergies. If their stomachs are empty, they will hunger vomit. If she is not free fed, a lot of people give a small snack before bed to tide them over. Also, dogs vomit for whatever reason. A lot of the time I have no idea why. They will vomit a couple of time, then be right as rain. If she continues today, then take her in. If it stops after she eats, concider giving her a snack. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.