Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got the new puppy, Daisy, my Chi, Jasmine has stopped using the litterbox. I know part of the problem is Daisy is bigger than Jasmine and sometimes runs and plays with her while she is trying to use the box. This is only when they are in my office together. I have a litterbox in the laundry room that Jasmine can use without Daisy, because I keep Daisy with me at all times. Now I think I need to keep them both with me, since Jasmine is not using the box like I thought she was. She was pretty well trained when I got Daisy, but at 5 months, I knew she would still make mistakes. What should I do about this?

Also, I am about at the end of my rope trying to watch these two. I keep them in my office with me, but they keep going on the carpet about 50 % of the time. If I put them in the playpen, one of them goes in there and it gets all over them because they wrestle and play in the mess. I try to put them in the cage sometimes, but then they sleep too much and don't sleep at night!!! Is this just driving me nuts because i have two puppies at once (crazy, I know).

The good side is they are playmates and have a lot of fun together. this is what I wanted when I got the second one two weeks ago. But I am geting stressed out because my husband cannot (or won't) help much and the kids don't reallty watch them well and they poo and pee even more. I can't stare at them every minute either, so when I am working they might go on the floor even if the litterbox is right there. It is so frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated. YOu guys have been helping all along with these guys and I really thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gee. That's tough. You know what I think happened? You say Daisy is a bigger puppy than Jasmine. Well, even if they are playmates, and even though Daisy is the second to arrive, her being the larger puppy might make Jasmine see her as the "leader". And if Daisy was pushing her out of the box and stopping her every time she tried to go, Jasmine might have seen that as Daisy's way of disiplining her not to do that. You may have to retrain Jasmine all over again.

That's just my two cents. But I will also throw in this. I've had my puppy for over a year and we still go round and round over the litterbox. The only way I can be absolutely sure she goes in there is if she is in the cage with it.

steph

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I use pee-pads with my three, and they also go outside. I have never used the litter-box, but I know there are others on here who do. I have always kept the pads in our office on an old towel. Luckily, they all three broke real easy. But, were not 100percent, till about 8 months. Wish I could help more.....

sandra

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Jasmine's mom said:
How do I tell if she is teething? I have not seen any teeth!
well it ususally happens 5-6 mos. they get cranky, and usually potty where they shouldn't etc etc......they will chew like crazy on stuff....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is the right age for that, but is chewing as much as usual. the only thing is the potty issues. I am wondering if I should just give in and train my new puppy outside. She will be considerably bigger than Jasmine when grown, but the dog litterbox is disigned for dogs up to 35 lbs and Daisy will be under 20. So the only problem with outside training, besides the cold now, is the fact that I don't have a fenced yard and she will have to be on a chain outside. I like the litterbox idea better. But Jasmine definitely needs to be indoors, so ....I will keep working on it and keep listening to all of your helpful hints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts