Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO PEE PEE !!! Is what my 2 year old son tells me when I ask if he needs to go potty.For a while he was interested in using his "royal potty" {it sings when you use it} but now he makes it live in the shower!! Any one out there whith some helpful advice on potty training?? I think I might have pushed him to hard & now he doesnt like his potty, what should I do?

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hes 2 he will be 3 Nov.22. I use diapers & pull ups Ive even tried underware at one point so he would actually know he was wet it worked for a little while but then he just lost interest I even put the potty in the living room to remind him to use it. He took it back to the bathroom immediatly & put it in the shower!! He really doesnt like the rugular toilet he just likes to flush it.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I would put him in pull ups.. and ignore him and the potty thing for about a week or 2 then bring it pout of the shower and ask him if he is ready to be a big boy... And if he answers yes then he is ready to try it again... If he answers no then I would wait a few more days... then the second time you bring it out I would ask him if he wants to be a big boy and then tell him big boys go potty in the big boy potty.. it might work.. It worked great for my son and he was the biggest pain to potty train... both my girls were easy except I had to potty train Amanda twice because she fell into a toilet oncew at a friends house.. after that she was a night mare... but we made it through..

make him think it is his idea.... and he will be pottty trained in no time...

Good luck and God bless...

·
Registered
510 Posts
My son is 3 1/2. I have been trying to potty train him since he was 2. He goes pee fine but poop is a different story. I don't know what to do any more. I've tried everything but tieing him to the potty. Any suggestions on this matter also.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
hmmm... let me think for a while I will come up with something useful.... I knoiw let me look in my taking care of children book... the worlds best book for moms... I have had it around for 16 years now and use it all the time... hold on let me look through it and see if it gives any good ideas.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
don't push the issue. go with pull ups and keep the potty out. don't make an issue out of it.... i never potty trained my daughter. i taught her on the toilet. got her her own step stool and this ring that you put on the toilet to make it smaller (so they don't fall in lol) know with boys i taught a few using my fruit loops trick.... put some in the toilet and make a game out of it, have him aim and shoot the fruit loops...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Ok I read through the book I got the name wrong.. It is called "Taking care of your child"

It says most kids get the feeling of a bowel movement before it actually happens at the age of 2 or 3 and some kids don't get the feeling that it is about to happen before the end of the 3rd year of life... It says take your child to the potty and let him stand there or sit on it with his clothes on and when he goes then tell him he is going poo or what ever your choice of words are... when he feels it in his pants he usually isn't feeling the muscular control of the bowels. when he learns what it is he can learn how to control it and make it to the potty...
Do you know when he is about to go potty? some kids have them at the same time every day... I klnow my son had the hardest time with know when he was going to poo... then one day he just went ont he potty and he has been doing it since... he is 14 now..

hope this helps...

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
we knew when kylie had to go cause she would go behind things or under the table..... so whenever she did that we would tell her she should go on the potty for privacy (yeah she knew what that meant hehe) and after a few weeks she tried it and that was that. she was easy to toilet train. she had a problem with holding it in for long periods though, and sometimes she still needs to be told to go pee. i think with her is she hates stopping whatever she is doing. but i feel the same way hehe...

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I'm also at that potty training phase with my daughter. She just turned 3. We're about 50/50 on the peepee part and not doing so good in the poop department. Sometimes she'll say "Mommy, I have to go peepee" and she'll go no problem, but other times I think she's just too lazy to go on the potty. I tested her the other day. I put regular panties on her and she was going potty every 30 minutes (or at least I was having her try). We had to go out, so I put a pull-up on her. When we got home, I went to put her "big girl" panties on and she said, "no I want a diaper". I put a diaper on her and not 5 minutes after that she pooped in her diaper, so that makes me feel like she knows what she is doing and seems to think that it's ok to go in her diapers or pull-ups. My husband was told by his mother that she should be potty trained by now because all her kids were potty trained by the time they were 3. I told him each child is different and she'll come around, but I refuse to get angry with her. I feel in her own time, it will happen.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
never ever get angry with them.. it just makes them scared to go potty...

she will come around..

I had a friend of mine put a diaper just under the seat when she would take her kids to other peoples houses or when she went to public toilets she would jus sit the diaper on the seat.. it worked for her but I never tried it.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
great advice on the potty training Im pretty much taking him the the potty every hour or so & sometimes he will sit ther other times he runs away Im guessing that he will eventually get it I meen know one has ever gone to college wearing diapers {have they? HEHE} so I guess with time it will happen when he is ready.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
no body that I know ove any way.... I don't think he will have very much more time before he is going all by himself...

When Amanda started going to the bathroom all by herself she was so excited and proud of herself...

it will come to him in time..

just be patiant...

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Vanessa I had the same problem with my daughter, she would go pee but she would not poop in the toilet for nothing! It was extremely frustrating but at the same time I never scolded or punished her because that just makes them feel worse. They really want to make us happy, some just do it at a later time.

My daughter was also the age of your son and wasn't poop trained. I took a step back for about 1 month, and didn't push or bring up the issue at all. So the next time we started to try, it was a fresh start. The main thing that really got her going was, she really wants to go to school. I always told her that only kids that go in the potty go to school. Once she got the hang of it she mastered it and has never had an accident since.

Another thing I wanted to say is, don't let his age pressure the situation. As parents we always want our children to do just as good as other children their age. We compare our children to others but really shouldn't. Your child is the only one of him. ALL children are different, they all learn things at their own pace.

As for your bf tell him to just can it. Mothers typically do everything for the children, they have compassion and patience, I think men are seriously lacking in that area. Unless he is physically taking care of him, I would tell him to just let you handle the situation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts