Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby girl will be 12 weels on monday and this morning she didn't touch her food,i took her out to potty and noticed it was slightly runny and the last bit was like white gelatin.She came in and played with my son for abit then came sat on my knee but she's shivering slightly so i've put soft blanket over top of her and when i hold her near my face i can hear her stomach making noises(similar to noise all our stomachs make when we have runs!)so what can i do to make her feel betterI've also cut up one of my clean socks and have put that on her to help keep warm must admit it is cold today though!Am going to try feeding her again at twelve if sh won't eat ought i'll take her to vets.So anything i should specifically be looking out for?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Since she is so young I would take her to the vet. She is most likely alright. But for your ease of mind it would be better. The little ones can go down hill fast.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have just fed my other dog and as soon as he started eating she woke up and came running so i gave her some of her food which eventually she ate but at the same time i was boiling some chicken so when that was cooked i fed her that and my god she wolfed that down!She seems abit perkier now and isn't shaking but keeps trying to take sock jumper off...lol!wondering if it could of been that she was cold?but she sleeps in a soft ,thick dog bed which is in a crate so don't quite know.Am going to keep an eye on her now and see how she goes.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
The white stuff is mucous she has an upset stomach and the mucous is an irritation. What are you feeding her?? You need to check her stools for blood if you see any take her to your vet immediately and he'll prescribe some antibiotics

How much does she weigh?? Weight is a HUGE thing with a 12 week old puppy being ill as the little ones can fail very very quickly. You want to feed her little and often (boiled chicken and rice if u want.. i dont do grains) just to keep her sugar levels up. If she's shaking it could be for a number of reasons not that she's cold.. However if you think she's cold i would take her to the vet she could have an infection and the shivering is a sign of a temperature

Personally id go to the vet he will check her over take her temperature and possibly give her some antibiotics.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's been running round like her hyper self this afternoon and she's eaten both at 4p.m and i gave her abit more at 8p.m and she ate both lots all up!She's also peeing and has had a poo that was like her usual poo with no mucus.I syringed some water in her early this afternoon to help keep her hydrated and I've seen her drinking from water bowl so hopefully its out her system now.She's due for 2nd vacc on sat so will get vet to give her a though check over.thanks for the replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts