Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Im new to the website been reading lots but only just figured out how to post lol.

Im wondering if anyone can help me.

I have a nine week old chihuhaua weighs just over 2lb at the moment, the breeder said he will be around 5-6lb fully grown.

I realy like the puppia gala jacket harness in black - ive attached a link (if it works)
http://www.petlondon.net/shop/acatalo/Gala_Jacket_Harness_Black.html

im really struggling to see if it will fit him and how long for, ive tried measuring him but he keeps wriggling and im not sure if im doing it right.

my other chihuahua has a small over the head mesh harness in a size small and that buries him on the smalles fitting.

I need the harness to fit him now but i would also like it to fit hm for a few months as they are quite expensive.

Also do these double up as a jacket? im from th uk and its never very warm here but i dont want him to be too hot in it on a warmish day.

Any advice you can give me will be very much appreciated, also if you have pics of ur chi's in a step in harness maybe i can get an idea as to wheter he is a similar size.

Thank you!!! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Hey I have this harness for 3 of mine the size small fits my 5 lb chi as well as my 8pm chi it definitely will be way too big for a 2 lb chi I have a 2 lb 10 is chi and it probably will never fit him unless he starts growing lol it is quite warm I use the over the head harnesses when it's too hot out it's a really nice harness though I've also got the zebra ones they are pretty much the same just different designs

·
Registered
946 Posts
it's not the puppia, but the scrappy pet step in harness works well in size 1 for my 3.5 lb boy. It will go smaller, so I think it would fit. The nice thing is you can call the toll free # on the web site and they will advise you. Good luck:)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
The puppias that have the fur in them run smaller than the regular step ins. I have several for Brody and he can fit in a small, but it's a snug fit. The medium fits better but is larger than it needs to be. So he's right in between a small and medium in the fur lined step in puppias. He wears smalls in the regular ones with no trouble. He is 5 pounds and has a 12 inch chest.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
The small step-ins won't fit a dog til it gets to 4ish+ lbs, depending on build, coat type, etc. So you aren't going to get something that will fit your 2ish lb puppy and grow with him that is a puppia b'c unfortunately they just don't work that way. Instead I'd buy a cheap harness with adjustable straps from a petstore you can try on him, and buy a puppia when he's older and in his adult body.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Everyone

Thank you so much for your advice.

I ordered a small puppia dotty step in harness im hoping he will fit into it in no time. he already weighs 2lb 7. at 10 weeks!!

Ive also got a kitten harness for him which he fits into now.

He is going on his first walk this weekend!!!! i will have to post some pics

Thanks!!! :):)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts