Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was suggested that I post here... sorry for the duplicate if you were in the newbie corner..

thanks for reading.

I just don't know if this is going to work, I feel really bad, like I guess I should have done more research then just went out and bought a "small" dog... I feel really bad for the family and Gucci.... Yesterday though Mia (20 mnth old) was out in the yard with Gucci and Gucci just went crazy biting her, I'm sure she was playing, but Mia can't defend herself... Then this morning I was feeling a little better and was going to give her another chance and now Mia has a big long cut on her foot... Mia likes Gucci now, but this just isn't right... What do you guys think... my dh is very upset as am I..
I paid $150 for her she doesn't have papers which I really don't care about... how do you think I should go about this.. I just don't know how much longer I can tolerate the biting of the baby..
Other then that she has been pretty good, she stays in the crate all night and doesn't pee or anything...

I feel like a failure and like I'm not fair to Gucci cause I didn't reserach her first... please help..

thank you for everything...
I'm very upset

PS: My mothernlaw just got up (she is staying with us for a month) anyway she is freaking out about the bite on Mia's foot... Gucci is in the kennel now and I know when my dh gets home he is not going to want her out... what do I do, I don't want Gucci to suffer either.

Celisa

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, if you can try and take your puppy for training...but puppies are puppies they like to nip and hard sometimes.

My new puppy Tia (4 months old now) is getting better with the biting, but when she bites sometimes she bites really hard.

I can imagine you are very busy with 3 kids and the pups....I suggest that if you are thinking of adopting her out....someone on this forum might want to adopt.

I have a golden, 2 chi's and 3 rabbits...I wish I could take your puppy.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I was and am kinda in the same situation with a beagle puppy I have also. She bites my babies just playing but makes them bleed ect. Only you know if it was a right decision or not. If you feel you cant handle her anymore maybe you should get rid of her. Im not saying you need to its something you have to decide for yourself. maybe you could put her in the paper and sell her if thats what you chose to do. sometimes you dont relize how hard things will be until your in the situation.
good luck in what you decide and let us know what decision you make.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I feel sorry for you and Gucci.
The puppy is only being a puppy. All puppys are going to act the way that Gucci is acting.
I am sure your intentions were good.
While you are busy being servent to the dh and his mother and your 3 children you don't have time to watch the children interacting with the puppy. Puppys play with their siblings the way Gucci is playing with your children. She has to learn that is not the way to play with humans.
It sounds to me like you are in way over your head.
See if you can find someone to take Gucci and in a few years when the kids are a little older try again with a larger breed of dog.
Above all else DON'T LET THE DH HURT THE PUPPY!!!!
Find it a new home so it and you can find some happiness.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
you have been given great advice.........I really dont think a chi was the right breed for you with 3 children and your mother in law and no time to check on how they are interacting...........please find this pup a great home where it is able to settle...........is there no way you could take it back to the breeders

by the way what is a dh - it doesnt sound nice whomever it is :)

i wish you all the luck in the world

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I feel bad for not researching the subject more.. My older kids went off to school and left the two younger ones sad and lonely so I bought them a puppy, like I said, I should have researched it more... I thought I was doing the right thing...
Dont worry dh (in my case "darn husband"lol ) won't hurt the dog, he's not like that, he just gets more frustrated... anyway thanks for all your help.

and no, I can't return her, I bought her from a older lady who said she was allergic, etc. (story)

Anyway, don't worry I am taking care of her *smile*

Celisa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts