Chihuahua People Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cali was from a home situation, unregistered (AKC anyhow...none of the others, though offered, mean anything)...and I got her for $300. Fell in love with her the moment I saw her. She was perky and jumping, leaping all over the rug playing with me the moment I placed her on the carpet...i.e., love at first sight. :)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
500.00 for a purebred Chihuahua is not quite heard of where I live either!
Mixes sell for that.
One of my dogs is AKC and one is not, but all of his parents grandparents were.
I have the pedigrees and copies of paperwork for his parents, so I know exactly what lines he came from.

For a Chihuahua that looks standard (ish) (not a deerhead) where I live you are going to pay 1000 plus.

JMO.

If you really like this dog I would not rule it out, the price based on what I know of UK pricing is fairly reasonable.
Just make sure you vet him right away & get it in writing that if something is wrong the dog goes back and you get your money back!
Having papers really in the end means squat unless you plan to breed or show.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
500.00 for a purebred Chihuahua is not quite heard of where I live either!
Mixes sell for that.
One of my dogs is AKC and one is not, but all of his parents grandparents were.
I have the pedigrees and copies of paperwork for his parents, so I know exactly what lines he came from.

For a Chihuahua that looks standard (ish) (not a deerhead) where I live you are going to pay 1000 plus.

JMO.

If you really like this dog I would not rule it out, the price based on what I know of UK pricing is fairly reasonable.
Just make sure you vet him right away & get it in writing that if something is wrong the dog goes back and you get your money back!
Having papers really in the end means squat unless you plan to breed or show.
The US definitely has the best prices. :p So far I haven't seen anyone top Sweden's insanely high prices for puppies. If I were in the US, I'd definitely have at least two Chis by now, maybe even a trio.

I agree. As long as your puppy comes from healthy bloodlines and a good breeder, having papers doesn't really matter if you don't intend to breed or show.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm not as educated as some of the others but wanted to say that the lavendar one is adorable, I love his color.

Just for info. My sisters friend got Eva for $350. She is a breeding between a long coat and a short coat. She had 2 brothers that are short coats. She is long coat. She was @8 weeks when they brought her home and she was @1.5lb. She is 6 months and bearly @2lbs. My mom doesn't think that she will get much bigger because she is so small framed. If you go by the chart she is suppose to be around 5.5lbs full grown.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Such a small world! I was going to buy the lilac boy!
I don't know what you decided to do in the end, I didn't read the whole thread.
He was originally being advertised for £550 and seemed to be getting no interest from buyers, then went down to £480 and was later sold; personally, I feel that as beautiful as his coat colour was, without the health checks and the registration, he should never have been advertised for £550...just my thoughts! :)

He was beautiful but quite large for his age. His sister was sold a week or so before him and she was a lot smaller, solic chocolate smooth coat with a pink nose and blue eyes, she was beautiful. But I was looking for a boy :)

I have to say, the US has much better prices for chis than the UK has. I've seen KC registered female pups going from £800 - £2000, the higher prices normally for pure whites, chocolate tris and blues.

There aren't many long coat Chi breeders anywhere near where I live, I was looking at getting a little boy imported from Europe before I found my little man :)

Yes, small world indeed!

81 - 87 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.