Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,337 Posts
i'm not all to familiar with breeding, but i've learned a lot on here and i have to say that the breeders on here would probably commend you on asking questions and educating yourself on what you're supposed to do when looking for a purebred dog. if these "breeders" you talked to get upset from all the questions and were not asking you questions, then chances are they probably are just in it for the money and could care less about screening you or anything like that.

i had a great experience with the person i got chico from. the breeder sent me home with a pamphlet of which shots he already had, a bag of food, and a health guarantee. chico is a pet quality chi, but his brother and sister were i guess "show and breeding" quality and they were only $100 more than chico. most people say stay away from breeders who advertise in the paper (which is where i found chico), but i don't think there's anything wrong with paper advertisers as long as the buyer feels comfortable with the breeder.

my advice would be to look in the classifieds section. i would stay away from breeders advertising "teacups" though. if a breeder is really serious about breeding a breed of dogs, and is doing it to better the breed and not just to make money, then they will have no problem answering any questions you may have, at least thats my opinion.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.