Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. :wave: My name is Tiffany and I am from St. Louis, Missouri. I love your list. I do not have a chi yet, however. I am in the process of searching for a chi to adopt for the past few months. I have contacted a few chi breeders and have not had much success. Hmmm, maybe it is because I ask a TON of questions and they just aren't interested in disclosing information in relation to their home environment, how long they've bred chi's, their dogs' temperments, etc., etc. I've come across a few "breeders" who were even more than eager to sell a chi to me without knowing anything about me.

I think I am so thorough about this because I grew up with dogs in my life. My mother used to breed toy poodles so I will admit that I have a discriminative eye, high expectations, and taste. :wink:

My question to you all is, I have searched on the list of breeders BUT I was wondering if any of you could give me any personal accounts of positive experiences (as well as negative) ones you've had with the breeders you've worked with?

I want to find someone who is an educated breeder of chihuahuas and breeds them in a caring fashion. I want a breeder who takes this seriously and makes the extra effort to answer all the questions prospective chi owners may have. I know there must be someone like that out there??? Where are they? Distance is not really an issue for me. If I find the right breeder and chi, I am willing to fly or drive into another city in the USA to pick up the chi.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you!

I would like to thank you all for your insights. I will definately keep your recommendations close to hand when I am ready to adopt a puppy by the end of the year. I'll keep you all posted. :wave:
Tiffany

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.