Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she will be 13teen :D

shes been useing my mum vidal sasoon hair straighteners the £30 ones
and she says they are rubbish..lol and would like her own!

ive already got her some doir sunnies so dont want to spend to much on straighteners...

so need help theres so many out there..what ones do you use are they
good?????

i know GHD are great as i use them myself :) wanting to spend no more then £40 so ghd are out!

thanks for any help :D

anyone use the remmington ones???

star x

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I have ghd's too they are great - hmm my friend has a pair of remingtons and she said they are great, but my other friend has a pair too and they are not so great. I think they are over all good though!
Im sure she will appreciate any brand though!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i think remington should be good ones! its a big name :)

ive been looking in the argos book and they do the remington sleek and curl ones they strighten and curl :? you wrap your hair around the strightner..wonder if that works..looks good tho oo digital to..lol

star x

·
Registered
587 Posts
anything ceramic... they dont damage your hair nearly as much... but they are quite costly. I bought mine for 125 USD

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I know nothing about hair straighteners but I did notice at the store that John Freida has a product called something like "blow dry hair straightener" that you put in your hair to style it straight. I've had lots of success with his "no frizz" products.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you belive it my other sister has already got some for her!

i always have to check b4 i buy some thing for the family as theres a lot of us..lol

she got there 1st..lol

she got the remington wet to dry ones :) goodie i get to see what there like now..hehe

ill have to think again :scratch: lol

thanks girls

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Cooper said:
I know nothing about hair straighteners but I did notice at the store that John Freida has a product called something like "blow dry hair straightener" that you put in your hair to style it straight. I've had lots of success with his "no frizz" products.
I don't know a thing about them either, except my grand-daughter uses one. I go to the salon and pay $50. to get a body perm, and she uses a straightener on hers. :lol: Go figure! :lol:

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
I've had several and tried every straightening product and none really worked for me even when I blowdry my hair straight. I finally told everyone I wanted a chi( good name huh) and my kids got me one for Mother day it's the best. I know you didn't want to hear that but maybe you and some others could go in together and get one for her.My hairs not super tight curly but it's thick and the chi seems to work great.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Oh man, buying for a 13 year old is always tough! I usually go down the route of buying them some nice 'proper' makeup or perfume (rather than the cheap & nasty stuff most teenagers buy!) Just like a nice natural lipstick/gloss, blush, clear mascara, tinted moisturiser, that kinda thing. So they can get into applying makeup that looks natural & not harsh & nasty.

Can't think of anything else yet, hope you find something?

·
Registered
683 Posts
how about just giving her the £30/£40 that way she can buy what she likes if she likes a pair of jeans or if she wants cd's or a certain perfume.

I know when i was that age i wanted the money to spend myself, you could even take her to town with you that way you will be sure she is spending it on something wise! :D :wave:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gave her the money..lol so easy saved me having to go in to town!

been at mum all day giving my sister a happy birthday :D

shes got 10 m8s over for a sleep over tonight :shock: my mums mad!

my mum got her a limo 4 the day..so me and tyke got a little ride :)
all her m8s loved tyke :D she had one happy birthday :)

star

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
belladoggie said:
Oh man, buying for a 13 year old is always tough! I usually go down the route of buying them some nice 'proper' makeup or perfume (rather than the cheap & nasty stuff most teenagers buy!) Just like a nice natural lipstick/gloss, blush, clear mascara, tinted moisturiser, that kinda thing. So they can get into applying makeup that looks natural & not harsh & nasty.

Can't think of anything else yet, hope you find something?

thats such a good idea..ill have to rem that for xmas :) my dad always gets us perfume because hes the only man in a house of 6 girls..it drives him mad smelling perfume he does not like..lol lucky for us hes got good teast!
star x

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
omg me and your sis and my twin bro and my mate lol all share the same bday. I had to buy straightners yesterday, I have remington (which were great but towards the end of their days began to burn my ends and that) and I have babyliss (which are too big) and I have these other giant plated remingtons but there stiff lol and its like torture trying to close them lol... anyway I went into superdrug the other day and had 40 pound I really wanted this to so I thought Id buy the cheapest ceramic straightners at 12 pound lol and a lipgloss :wink: Anyway I went home and turned them on and they worked fantastic and heated up really quick with 4 heating settings. They have a little plate but I have really thin hair (well its got thicker now) but they worked really well so I was pleased lol :wave: tell your sis happy bday! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
star said:
she got the remington wet to dry ones :) goodie i get to see what there like now..hehe
i had those ones, i bought them about a yr ago and they really damaged my hair, my hairdresser told me that they r a bad idea because of something to do with the hairs natural moisture.

what type of hair does your sister have? if she has naturally curly hair like me i definately wouldnt advise it for her, especially since she is so young. a lot of my friends have straight hair but still use straighteners to get a better effect, is that what your sister wants? if you tell her to wait till her hair dries naturally before she uses them it should be fine (even thought they say wet 2 straight, i think using them on dry hair is best)

hope ive been of help, and i dont mean to come accross patronising in any way, just concerned coz my hair got ruined from the same ones :angel7:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts