Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 month old chi in the last couple of weeks has started to snarl, bark and try to bite people when they pet him. He has always been a very good natured puppy until now. He usually loves people...I made sure to socialize him like crazy when he was small. I'm hoping he's going though an adolescent phase or something. He gets neutered in a couple of weeks. Will this change him back to the sweetie he was before? I know he's also teething right now too. This is exactly the behavior I didn't want and now I'm scared he's always going to be acting vicious. What's going on, and what can I do?!! Thanks.

· Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas and info! I did enroll him in puppy classes but pulled him out because of an aggressive rottweiller. I will have to find another one. It's just so disappointing that I tried to do everything right and read a million books, and he still turned out to have the behavior I wanted to avoid. I had him around literally hundreds of people before 4 months of age... I took him everywhere with me...he really loved people and would even lick strangers hands and faces. This is just so upsetting that he could do a 180 within a couple of weeks! I hope it doesn't last but I'm going to try everything I can to change it. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.