Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Glad to be in the Chi community. I need help with a chi pupoy, 12 weeks old, who is a little terror. I have had him for 3 weeks. I have had a Chihuahua puppy before, but don't remember this crazy behavior. He bites and snarls and growls. Constantly. I know he is playing but if I correct him, he just gets more aggressive and barks and lunges at me. He is very sweet and cuddly when he wants to go to sleep, but I have never even been able to just sit and pet him, because he is always biting. He has a lot of toys, I am trying to train him with treats, I put him down on the floor, and try to ignore him, and I've tried using a sharp squeal when he bites. Is he going to grow out of this? I'm worried because I have 5 grandchildren and the oldest is 5. He is wearing me out. He is also terrorizing my German shepherd who has the patience of a saint, but I can tell his patience is growing thin. I need help. I am 67 years old and have had many puppies throughout the years but have never experienced this before. Thank you.

·
Administrator
22 Posts
Cher, sorry so long in responding, I haven't been a member here very long. I am sorry that your little one is being such a mischief maker. I really don't have an answer for you other than ask a vet. I have seen such behavior in puppies who were inbred, but that may not be the problem. Hopefully, the vet can recommend something that will calm the little fellow down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seems he thinks he is the leader of the pack. You need to put him in his place and make him understand you are the leader of the pack. Withhold treats and cut his food back until he gets under control and hopefully will respond in a better way. Good luck and best wishes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts