Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for some advice about sizing, brands, anything helpful because my boy is very submissive and absolutely requires a belly band. he has little pee squirts up to 15 times a day, it's very tiresome so belly bands are my only option when I'm home. he doesnt wear them while I'm at work but needs to have one on otherwise because he submissivly urinates EVERY WHERE on anything and everything constantly. the second you stand up or walk in the same room it's waterworks. my problem is that the one I initially bought had elastic that cut into his thigh crease. his pee pee seems to sit further back, almost between his back legs and his has a quite defined tuck up between his hind legs and rib cage. I tried to get some. pictures :

his high tuck up.

his pee pee sits further back between his legs

when he sits it squishes some of his tummy down between his legs

the band really gets into his thigh crease and won't stay over his rib cage without his pee pee coming out on the other side. has anyone else used any specific brand of belly bands that could eliminate some discomfort? he doesn't seem to mind wearing one but sometimes his thighs are a little irritated where the band cuts in. he never tries to take it off or anything. he really needs to wear them so it's difficult that I can't seem to find one that fits good and covers his wee without digging into his leg crease. his waist is 13" and these are the ones for his size... so I'm not sure? is this how they actually are or is his anatomy just not good for belly bands?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I haven't tried any commercially made ones, but I did make a couple for a foster Chihuahua. I would move away from any elastic, as I didn't find it necessary. I cut a washcloth in half, folded the half in half, and safety pinned it snugly around his waist. He was smaller than your boy, so you might need a bigger piece of fabric like a hand towel. If you want to buy some, I have seen some that are just s fabric band with Velcro. As long as it is fairly snug it should work. I will come back and add a link if I can find what I am thinking of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ones i got him are these ones: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B90DTKI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
EZwelp 8 pack so i can change it every day. they have no elastic and im quite happy with the quality. theyre pretty basic but do the job, minus the way they fit him. he doesnt protest them or try to take them off so im not sure if he minds. they dont leave him AS red as the elastic one but they still look like theyre squishing his lower tummy bits. if i fit them any looser he can get out of them when he scoots in his bed. he doesnt wear them all the time, i give him a break in the morning and all day while im at work, but he absolutely requires them the rest of the time :/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those are nice. I do like her style with them not being the same width all the way around. I wonder if she could do a design where the peepee part can go further back. because it really seems that it's small for his body or just sits lower between his back legs. I'll have to email her for sure though, she did advertise customs in her shop! thank you.

·
Registered
395 Posts
those are nice. I do like her style with them not being the same width all the way around. I wonder if she could do a design where the peepee part can go further back. because it really seems that it's small for his body or just sits lower between his back legs. I'll have to email her for sure though, she did advertise customs in her shop! thank you.
You're welcome 😊

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The elastic tends to do that. When I had a foster who got the red areas, I took it off for breaks. He slept crated and got to have it off then and whenever I was not home to supervise him. He was a marker, not a submissive pee-er but same idea.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
There are some onesie type "overalls' that don't pinch. I made one, but there are several sites that make them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts