Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having so much trouble with our dog, Sugar pooping in the house!!! First thing in the morning, we take her outside, and she goes, and I leave the backdoor open so she can go in and out. Well, during the day, I find that she poops under the beds!!! :? I just want to scream!!! Any advice, on how to get her to poop outside? Also, she does not tell us that she has to go outside, I'm always putting her out there. Am I suppose to rub her nose in it and tell her no? I heard I'm not suppose to do that. Please help!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The key to housebreaking is - Patience, patience and more patience. :lol:
Some babies catch on right away, some take longer.

Are you using pee pads? I found these to be wonderful when housebreaking my baby, Jasmine. Some use litter boxes but that didn't work for me. jasmine just made a big mess with it, but she learned to go on the pee pads very quickly. Once she was going on the pads, I started training her to go outside. Now she goes outside as long as I remember to take her. She doesn't let me know she needs to go if I forget, just goes on the pad.

I know it is frustrating, but you will get her to learn in time. My daughter had the same problem as you with their mini dashound going under their bed. They thought she was doing so well, until they looked under the bed. LOL

As for punishment for accidents, unless you catch them in the act, I don't think they realize what they did wrong. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I agree she's probably too young to figure out outside for potty and that pee pads would be best. To teach Marcus to use them I dabbled a little spot on one in a puddle he had made so he would smell himself on the pad and know what it was for and then I watched him like a hawk and if he started to squat anywhere else he got taken to his pad over and over till he got the idea. Change the pad after they have gone two or at the most three times on one as most chi's hate a dirty pad. If it's at all possible close off the bedrooms so she can't get under the beds.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi first how old is your pup. I have house broken a few dog. Any thing younger than 4mos they do not comprehend.As soon as they hit 4 mos its like a light bulb goes off and they suddenly get oh!! i have to go potty out side you have to find something they don't like for instance my pup he hate those plastic cage so when he would go in the house I would do 10 mins in the cage its been 2 mos no potting in the house he will now give me a look and go sit buy the door. He is 5 mos old. :wave: :wave: Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts