Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My friend has her female chi and she's about 18 months old, she's a lovely natured chi who loves people, and she stops at here nanas when mom at work. Which is a regular routine she's happy with.
Hunni doesn't like other dogs she's frightened of them all, but friend thought it'd be agd idea for hunni to have a companion and so she now have little Parker a male chi, it's been over 2 week n hunni is refusing to mix, she hides behind sofa and refuses to cone out, she's nipped her nana which is in heard of from her, she's also nipped at Parker twice. They've resorted to Parker been at nanas athunni just coming round when it's her time at nanas. They've Bern taken to vets n advice not really given apart from stick to your guns.
Hunni has been spoilt for a long time and doesn't want to know or share her loved ones !! All advice welcome xxxx
I'm taking my pabbie round Thursday to meet her n to also let her see Parker n pabbie meet n interact x
This lil doggy needs to be taught not to be diva so she can enjoy a lil friend x help help help x

·
Registered
912 Posts
My first chi, Lo, was an only girl for the first 2 years.
Then we got Finn, and she was not happy, it was obvious... We gave her lots and lots of attention. I took her one-on-one places with mommy and daddy while Finn got used to being alone for short periods of time (maybe 20, 25min at first). When she would growl at him for coming near, we told her to "be nice". If she ran away when he came up, I would go pick her up, and put them both in my lap. He loved Lo immediately and just wanted to be near her.
She rejected him for about 5months or so. But they really get along great now. I guess my advice is "stick to your guns" too. :) Good luck to you!!

BTW, we are going through this again right now, too. We added Dexter to our family in April, and last night was the very first time Lo made an effort to lay with him in my lap all on her own. It's a slow process with the attention-seekers, you just have to give them time and love.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Has your friend walked them together?? Walking generally bids a pack

Nipping needs to stop now or can/will get worse

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My 2 Chis didnt get along at first. It was bullying, handbag fights and growls for about 8mths before they became friends. Luckily I had my Chiweenie Hannah to keep the peace!! (its impossible not to like Hannah!):D
Heidi is a very reserved little girl too who is scared of other dogs and timid when she first meets people. Luckily her and Hannah are best friends and just love each other.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pup can't walk just yet till his injections but I've passes this info on, I have said that maybe putting pups kraut in living room n let hunni get to knw him like that. Will pass all this info on now x

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a smiliar problem with Peanut and Cookie. Cookie was a "single child" for almost 11 years. I brought Peanut home at the end of July, and Cookie was pissed. Cookie started going potty in the house, and bit Peanut once or twice when he tried to play with her. Once Cookie realized that Peanut was permanent, she started to ignore him. Now, little by little, I catch Cookie trying to play with Peanut. I think that dogs will get along once they find something in common with each other. Cookie likes to rough house, and now Peanut is starting to like to do so as well; hence, they like to play like that together (under supervision).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts