Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd take a short cut with the velcro and got some self sticking ones. But I found they're not strong enough. I tried to reinforce them with a line of stitching but after a few mins my sewing machine stopped working. The needle still goes up and down but doesn't sew anything, even when I try with another fabric... could this be because of the glue on the velcro? anyone else experienced this??

·
Registered
795 Posts
Im sure its the glue that did it. I was using some fabric in my sewing machine that had glued on little circles and it messed up my machine. I had to replace the needle and re-oil it. and then it worked perfectly. I had tried the sticky velcro once but didnt like it. They arent really that sticky, so I just buy the heavy duty, at hobby lobby and its pretty much the same price. I dunno if i helped you any but i hope u machine is perfect soon, i'd go crazy if i didnt have mine! :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ive done the same thing.... :oops: All you have to do is clean your needle really good. Its covered in a layer of glue. I have several outfits that have that stick on velcro, and even if its sewn down.....if you wash and dry the garmets, it leaves sticky stuff on the clothes!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I gave up on sticky velcro as my sewing kept getting stuck, so I only use velcro with non sticky backs when I sew.

Jennie cocoasmama

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
did that been there... Found out the hard way tooo... I did how ever figure out that you can use it on lots of things as long as it isn't washed....

I use the regular velcro.... I got 3 yards of it for 99 cents at Joanns.... It seems to work great....

I also use snaps....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts