Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, im new to this site as of today. i have a 5 month old babygirl and she jumped off my bed two days ago and broke her leg :( i was wondering if anyone could give me any tips. I really dont want her to get depressed cause shes in a crate all day now :( plus she isnt eating very much...i love my doggy so much!! shes my little princess (as you can see *pink cast*)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
You can carry her outside for a little carry walk. Chew toys are the best for boredom. Frozen Kongs with her food frozen inside with broth make wonderful time consuming items. Bully sticks. After awhile I'm sure the vet will tell you to let her walk maybe on leash around the house---helps bones heal. Make sure you get his approval before you do this. She has to go potty, does she go on pee pads, or does she go outside?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Poor baby. She looks so sad. I would give her as much cuddle time as possible when you are hm, try taking her on errands with you where pets are allowed. And when your away maybe try keeping in her crate a t shirt with your scent on it and maybe a favorite toy of her's. How long will it take for her to recover?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can carry her outside for a little carry walk. Chew toys are the best for boredom. Frozen Kongs with her food frozen inside with broth make wonderful time consuming items. Bully sticks. After awhile I'm sure the vet will tell you to let her walk maybe on leash around the house---helps bones heal. Make sure you get his approval before you do this. She has to go potty, does she go on pee pads, or does she go outside?
Thanks!! I will define you try that! What kind of broth should I use when doing this? She goes on a pee pad and I can take her out and set her on it, she walks, goes potty and comes back to me

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Aww poor thing, she does look adorable though! I agree with the others, chew treats/toys, going for walks or shopping (carrying her or in a carrier) and a lot of cuddles whenever you're home. I hope your little girl feels better soon.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
You can use beef, chicken, or vegie broth. I'd probably get the low sodium kind. I give mine the regular chicken, or beef broth with their kibble. Freezing the kibble in broth gives her something to 'work' on! Did the vet insist on strict cage rest for now? If he didn't, I'd leave the crate door open and encourage her to move around a little. good for the circulation. When my chi had patella surgery on both legs, she was a diva, and insisted on being carried around. I did it until the stitches came out, then I got a tough love attitude.! Good luck with her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When my chi got very sick when she was young puppy I had to leave her at the vet clinic for supportive care when I was out of town .I didn't want to leave her there but she was way to sick to travel back home a me.after the 5 day treatment was over they could not get her to eat at all. so they called me and said I needed to come. I had left at shirt that I had worn a her a very suggestion she was chihuahua. I got there and after 5 mins of her getting me the Dr.said she won't release her till eats. sure enough when got there she did eat vigorously. they kept her 1 more day. They get very depressed with out they're person so I suggest you pick her up if possible and hold her comfort her for a few hours a day and put her crate where you sleep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts