Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really worried. We had wings for Super Bowl, and Jetset got one of the bones and hid under the bed with it. We didn't notice until we heard him growling and barking at the cat (she was trying to take it). By the time I got there, he had ate most of it (so that she couldn't).

I tried to be so careful and made sure no one left them out on the table or anywhere he might be able to get them. I still don't know how he could have.

Is he going to be ok?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Chicken bones are known for splintering. Keep an eye on him and watch for coughing up blood, blood in his stools, lethargy or any sign of discomfort. Those splinters can get lodged anywhere from his throat to his anus. If they puncture something, depending on where it is it could be life threatening.
They could pass with no problem though. You just need to keep a real close eye on him for any signs of a problem.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
agree with ms p, keep a close eye on him for coughing (thats different from reverse sneezing) or blood in the cough, trouble pooping and blood in the poop, or generally otherwise seeming discomfort.
Most will pass chicken wings easily, the wing bones are softer (even coocked) and tend not to splinter as sharpley as a cooked legbone or ribs.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I would just be worried about a piece getting lodged somewhere like everyone's been saying. Just keep a very close eye out on your baby, and if anything seems suspicious, take him to the vet ASAP! Hope your baby is okay. Please let us know...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts