Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Have you ever felt the smallest lump under your babies skin? It's so tiny but it worries me. Her skin is also turning darker, pigment change in the legs and chest. Do these syptoms coincide?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tucker had a small bump on top of his head, underneath the skin. The vet said it was foliculitis and not to worry about it. It went away a few months later. :)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
If the bump isnt from a recient shot then I would have it checked out.
Slight discoloring of the skin around the knee and head area can be normal...my chi's all have a dark-purplish tint to their skin around their heads (by the ears) and on their legs...pretty much where the fur is thin. Again if it looks like a skin irritation get a vet to check it out....always worth it to have peace of mind :wink:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
yeah my chis belly changed from pink to a purply grey colour when he was little but it has evened out too more of a pinky colour.

Is your chi microchipped it could just be that your feeling ?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
ozzysmom said:
yeah my chis belly changed from pink to a purply grey colour when he was little but it has evened out too more of a pinky colour.

Is your chi microchipped it could just be that your feeling ?
i was thinking too , it might be the microchip ??

my chi's belly's are almost black -grey .......it changed so suddenly i was freaked out too at first :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

I just wanted to say thank you for all your replies. I just recently joined here and it's really comforting to have somewhere to post questions like this. I haven't felt the lump today, however I will have her checked out just in case. (no microchip)
So everyone's chi is having this little color change i see. The vet said if she didnt have any strange symptoms (not eating, drinking, etc.) it shouldn't be a big deal, but to keep an eye on it. So the purplish-grey tint must just be her gettin' some years on =) Thanks again guys. trish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts