Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stupidly sat my drink down on my bed to type and it fell over and when it fell I grabbed it instantly but my laptop shut off it wasn't wet at all and I turned it on it's side where the drink was and nothing came out but it won't turn back on?!!!!!! Ahhhhhh I put it in a bag of rice I hope that trick works any suggestions? I will die if it's dead it was so expensive and it's my life line!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
No it didn't I checked the whole thing not wet at all no pop coming out unless there's some stuck in it! Ahhh I'm freaking out!
if it turned off by itself its either
1. low battery
2. bad battery
3. smell it and see if its smells like its burning then it's the motherboard fried
4. virus
5. ur heatsink could be clogged with dust and dog hair....i always have those air blower cleaners handy for my pc, it collects dust like no tomaro

it could be like this inside

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm gonna take it to a repair shop tmw morning I hope they're open saturdays wow that Just ruined my weekend my whole life is on there!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh UGH!! I really hope its an easy fix. I had a virus on mine a couple months ago & went insane for the week I didn't have it (mostly because I had clients waiting for prints & I only had the software on my laptop!).

Sounds like maybe a wire was loose & came undone or something. When I spilled coffee on my keyboard it never turned off...just made for screwy typing for a few days. :lol:

Good luck...I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Mine shuts off whenever it gets too hot. Also, one night here at work, the computer shutoff but I found out it had to do an update of some sort :-/

Hopefully the repair shop can help you out!!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The repair shop said he thinks something came loose and if he opens it and it's sticky he will clean it all and let it dry thoroughly he said if it's water/pop damage it's a high success rate!!! Crossing fingers! It's $80 total If he has To clean it all all for a $1 pop :(

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update!!

laptops mother board is fried :(:(:(:(:(:( it will be $400 to repair so I bought another laptop today but I don't even want to open it I want my old one! I loved it soooo much. My friends dad is in hungary for another month when he gets back I'l see what he can do maybe I can fix the motherboard for cheaper through him and then have 2 laptops or sell one lol I got another pink sony vaio but it's a dakrer pink and they don't make the baby pink laptops anymore :( according to sony when I called them! The new one was cheaper than my old one and has a few better specs but it isn't the same lol I LOVED my old laptop sooooooooo much it was mint and super fast even with all the crap I downloaded on it. HATE life today! worst phone call of the year.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
my kids spilt orange juice on my lappy a month ago, I freaked out, it never shut off. but a few of the keys are still very sticky! For the 1st few weeks I had to press every key very hard but most are back to normal now!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the repair shop opened mine up the pop didn't spill on the keyboard it spilled on the side on my bed then leaked into the bottom i think i never saw any wet at all..... :(

no eating or drinking near this new one!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
the repair shop opened mine up the pop didn't spill on the keyboard it spilled on the side on my bed then leaked into the bottom i think i never saw any wet at all..... :(

no eating or drinking near this new one!
thats the same rule I have, although the kids were never supposed to eat or drink near it, but kids will be kids!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts