Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to buy a chihuahua. I want her to be very tiny!! I am looking at one right now, and the parents are 3/12 and 4 pds. What do you estimate the baby will weigh??

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
All I can say is have u researched the health problems and possible dangers of having a tiny pup, I learnt the hard way and lost my boy and I never bought him to be tiny he was just under 1 1/2lbs when he died. They may be small but they're all dog they arent toys, why do u want a tiny one? You cant estimate a pups size they are like children they have growth spurts at different times. Sorry I dont agree with breeding tiny it's wrong chihuahua's are small enough 2-6lbs is the average and thats small :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I really think you need to go do some research around this forum before you buy a Chi. You don't seem to know the risks if you say "I want her to be very tiny!"

The Chihuahua breed standard is no more than 6lbs in weight, which is still small. You should concentrate on going with a good breeder rather than someone who will produce very small puppies. I would hope it's the female that's the 4lb dog.... :?
Aren't the females supposed to be minimum 4lbs?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Nona said:
I really think you need to go do some research around this forum before you buy a Chi. You don't seem to know the risks if you say "I want her to be very tiny!"

The Chihuahua breed standard is no more than 6lbs in weight, which is still small. You should concentrate on going with a good breeder rather than someone who will produce very small puppies. I would hope it's the female that's the 4lb dog.... :?
Aren't the females supposed to be minimum 4lbs?
The girl should be at least 4lbs I personally think more around 4 1/2 is safer and the stud is smaller :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
My only concern is that if you buy a "tiny" chihuahua, what will you do if that chi turns out to be 6, 7 or 10 lbs and is no longer suitable as a fashion accessory?

You are NEVER guaranteed the chi will be what some breeders will refer to as "teacup", even if it has small parents. As with any animal, human and life, anything can happen.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I agree with you Cooper.

If you can deal with the possible vet bills and dangers of a small Chihuahua, then why don't you try and find an older female that has reached its adult size, then you're garauntee'd that it will be small.

The estimated weight of a puppy is just that - estimated.
Breeder's shouldn't really garauntee a certain weight.

·
Registered
587 Posts
britnimcclain50 said:
I am wanting to buy a chihuahua. I want her to be very tiny!! I am looking at one right now, and the parents are 3/12 and 4 pds. What do you estimate the baby will weigh??

You want to know my honest opinion? I dont think you deserve one because its obvious you want her as an accessory. Dont mean to burst your little bubble but you cant guarantee a size from what the parents weigh, if u did a little more research you would know that though! :x

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The smaller ones are so much more delicate too, you always have to be careful!! Six pounds is even super tiny to me, come on, chihuahuas are the smallest toy breed! :roll: :roll: :x

·
Registered
58 Posts
when looking for a chihuahua, the most important thing you should be thinking about is health and temperament. you can never tell the size a puppy will grow to be.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Please reconsider and do some more research on chis before you make a decision. There are no guarantees on the adult size of a puppy no matter how small the parents are, and if the breeder tells you otherwise, she is not being honest with you.

Why do you want a tiny chi? Have you researched and do you know the possible health problems associated with such a tiny chi? I seriously doubt it. What will happen if the puppy gets larger than you want? Please think about this carefully. A puppy is a lifetime commitment, and is not a disposable fashion accessory!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts