Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im new here :)

I wonder if anyone could help me or has any ideas on what could be wrong with my chihuahua.
She is 3 years old, 4 in oct and suddenly she has been acting very strange.

She has become extra cuddly, following me around the house 24-7 and crying like mad when i leave the room or go upstairs.

She has always loved her toys but lately she has become obsessed with one of them. She wouldnt even go to the toilet because i had it in my hand and she kept jumping up crying to get it, then carrying it all over the house.

When its bed time she wont settle like she used to, scratching the bed and going round and round in circles, and again crying all the time.

Its really starting to worry me as she looks really sad.
She is eating like normal, getting plenty of walks etc.

I hope someone can help me to what is wrong :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no she has not been spayed. she is due to be aug/sept time.
and she has not been around/alone any male dogs :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's classic signs of a false pregnancy I would say. It can last quite a while but eventually she'll get over it an return to normal. The problem will be solved once and for all when she is spayed later in the year.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sounds like a false pregnancy to me too. Has she just come off a heat cycle?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
sounds too me like false pregnancy as well, is she going into heat soon?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yep. Our schnauzer, Daisy (when I was a kid) used to do this every so often and it was so sad. :(

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi sounds like her hormones are in the false pregnancy as the others more experianced have said hope shes normal soon for you and her

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you everyone :) i had heard that could be a sign of false pregnancy, but because she hasnt had the other symptoms i wasnt sure.
She came off heat end of april, its just so horrible hearing her cry 24-7 :-(

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
thank you everyone :) i had heard that could be a sign of false pregnancy, but because she hasnt had the other symptoms i wasnt sure.
She came off heat end of april, its just so horrible hearing her cry 24-7 :-(
That makes perfect sense then. Her body is having a false pregnancy. Gestation is about 63 days so this would be the time she would have had puppies. It is havoc on her hormones and mental health to go through this. The best thing to do would be to get her in and spayed as soon as you can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts