Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paco just ate 1/2 of a fried chicken wing he swiped it off the table. What should i do if anything,or will I find out tomorrow how it affected him when he poops?:foxes15:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I had this happen once I called the vet they said he would either puke it up in 24 hours or it would pass but if he was puking and nothing came up or he couldn't poo or if his stomach became sore he had to go in asap no matter what time of day.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I expect he will be fine. Just keep an eye on him. It should just pass on through.

Take him to the vet if you see signs of a sore tummy (lip licking, hunched up back, tight belly, not wanting to lie down - restless). You will know if it's an obstruction as he will look and act SICK.

If he's acting normal, just monitor him. Most things just digest and pass on through.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Zippy did this once. He was pretty uncomfortable for a day or so starting about 24 hours after digesting it. We gave him applesauce to act as a stool softener and to buffer any sharp pieces of bone as it passed through his digestive tract. Canned raw pumpkin (not pie filling) or other soft starchy foods would also work. You can also give a half a baby aspirin every 12 hours to help reduce any inflammation and for pain. Pale gums, black stool, blood spotting from the anus, and/or lethargy are warning signs that you'll want to watch for as that could be indications of internal bleeding. I wouldn't be in panic mode though. Paco should be OK (although possibly uncomfortable for a little while) but you will want to keep a close eye on him for the next 48 to 72 hours or so.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's ok. He pooped three times today and the very last one was a little runny but other wise he's ok. He ate his dinner and now he's chewing a bully stick. I was mostly worried about sharp pieces of bone cutting his intestines. Thanks everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts