Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Chi is acting very strange, shes crying all the time and cudding and licking all her toys, which normally she doesn't do. i was just wondering why she is doing this? she is using her mat, and eating like normal but she doesnt seem to want to go out in the garden at all. i took her on the field before and she was fine but now she wont even go out. can someone please help me?! Worried:(!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Maybe she's in heat? I had a chi that would gently start carrying her toys around which she didn't do very often. Sounds like hormones. Have you examined her whole body to make sure she's not in pain anywhere?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
It's hard to help when there's so little information. How old is she? Is she spayed? In good health? Have there been any dietary changes or changes in her environment? Is she up to date on her shots?

Sudden behavior changes can sometimes be an indication of illness. Is she showing any other symptoms?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Misty used to do this before she was spayed and it was phantom pregnancies.

Gave her some pulsatilla and it really helped to settle her.

Since spaying two years ago shes never had a phantom since but does still love her toy babies and gets upset when they are washed.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
My first guess is false pregnancy as well. Has she had a heat in the past month or so? If so that sounds to be the case....

·
Registered
370 Posts
has she been in heat the last couple months?sometimes if a dog goes into heat n doesnt get preg she'll b affectionate n mother inanimate objects for a few weeks :D:D

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Unless she IS spayed, this sounds like a false pregnancy. If she IS spayed then I'd call the vet. There are cases where a tiny amount of ovary is left in, and yes then they can go into a heat. Not many of those happen though. Sue

·
Registered
681 Posts
hmm, definitely sounds like a false pregnancy to me. Calista went through this and it was very similar to what you describe. She may need to be given a drug called Gallastop. It stops their milk and effectively ends the hormones causing the problem.
It is given as a 5 day liquid course, It took 3 days of Gallastop to for Calista to start getting back to normal.. so it is very effective.

Calsita's false pregnancy became very apparent around 2 months after she was in heat.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I gave misty a herbal rememdy called pulsatilla for hers and it helped her too, she was very distressed with it poor thing...really fretting over all of her toys and wouldnt sleep until they were all in bed with her, all 20 odd toys :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts