Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I really need your help and advise, I had my baby chi (Tinkerbell) now for over a week and she wont stop crying! she absolutely hates her crate... Ive tried putting a tshirt with my scent in there, a soft cuddly toy but it wont help calm her down. I love her to bits, she loves cuddles all the time but I work part time hours so cant be qwith her 24/7, the crying at night is making me worried as I hate seeing her so upset. she is 9 weeks old at the moment... will she stop soon? is it because she is so young? my husband works from home sometimes and also does long days at work, he likes her alot but her constant crying is disturbing hissleep. He hasnt said anything but I feel he is getting tired of her constant crying.. I am willing to do anything to help her settle.

Please advise me

Thank in advance!

Noha

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
that's very young for so much time in crate. is it possible for you to set up an ex-pen
area where she can have access to bed, food, water, peepad, toys?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi,

Maybe a radio on low volume, or a lamp on in the room would help. Is she tired out by bedtime? Maybe if you get up a few times in the night, take her potty, then play for 15 minutes, she'd get tired again. I know it would be hard, but she'll sleep :)

Is there anything you are doing that is reinforcing it? It sounds like you care about her so she is lucky.

I got Barney when he was 9 weeks old. He sleeps in a crate in our bedroom. If I take him potty at about 10 pm, he stays quiet in the crate until we get up at 5am. The first few nights I took him outside a few times, and left a light on in the room. He didn't really need to go potty, so I stopped forcing the potty breaks. I think he enjoys being about to see us, know the routine, and the crate is small so he just lays down. It is funny, in the morning, he slides out on his belly for a rub.

Let us know what you try next and how your pup does. This forum is a great place for advice with a new puppy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts