Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Monday night Bella swallowed something, I'm assuming it was the end of a bully stick. (about 2 inches, as it was gone after the incident) She began to cry and swallow hard so i rubbed her throat, and her discomfort seemed to pass pretty quickly. Well last night she started throwing up ALOT, and she hasn't gone poop. would her body be unable to digest the bully stick? She's still eating and drinking, but i'm scared that she's not keeping anything down because perhaps the bully stick didn't digest? someone please help, do i wait it out and see if it passes or should i rush her to the vet in the morning?

·
Registered
157 Posts
GO TO THE VET!
If it is a bully stick stuck like you think it will show up in an x-ray. Ripley had an obstruction that the regular vet missed. It took the emergency vet's common sence of following gas patterns. She had a piece of plastic stuck and lost 10" of intestines that died from lack of blood flow!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
My lot has swallowed many bully sticks in pieces that shouldn't be swallowed & none have ever had any issues. They are fully digestable (one of the perks to them) so I honestly would doubt it's an undigested piece of bully stick. I do hope she is ok & has gotten better since your last post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.