Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
its natural to be worried but i dont think there is anything to be worried about - your baby is in good hands.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
It's completely natural for you to be worried. It's also completely natural for you to call the vet's office at least 3 times an hour, pace uncontrollably, drive to the vet's office at least 3 times during the "spay day", cry, post on here that you're calling the vet and crying, cry some more and completely lose your mind.

It's also natural for you to watch her like a hawk when she comes home and think every single thing she does is causing her pain or isn't right... then, you can call your vet 3 times a day again and go through the entire routine all over. :D

The good thing about all that is your baby should do just fine. They're so tiny but the vet wouldn't suggest doing the surgery unless he or she thought the weight and size of the dog was okay.

Good luck!! Try dusting... it really helped when Cooper was having his huevos cut off. :lol:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
my vienna just got spayed and she's three pounds , normally weight is no problem at all !! she was back to herself the next day :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
aw no worries, little chiwi was 2.9 pounds and 8 months old. i was a basket case when i dropped her off, i cried and i told my vet to make sure she didn't have a hypoglycemic attack cause she hadn't eaten and to give her nutrical in case she does lol and i even offered to drive home and get the tube of nutrical for her! he was a good sport about the whole thing and smiled and laughed the whole time. i asked that he call me as soon as he was done and she was coming out of anesthesia and again when she was fully awake. i know from working there how busy they are with incoming phonecalls i didn't want to call. but they knew how i was and they did call me about 3 times, first to say she was done, then to say she came out and then the vet himself called and gave me the run down about how many teeth wer pulled, how fast she came out of anesthesia and what time i could pick her up.

she was very sore though for a few days but i made her as comfortable as i could, i didn't have her walk around too much or play. she got lots of cuddles i brought her to her wee wee pads, and i brought her food and water to her. she was back to her old self in no time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts