Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As word travels quickly about how we found Felix his home, we might potentially end up with 3 more rescue chihuahuas tonight. O_O

An acquaintance of mine has some neighbors who have more dogs than permitted in their apartment. They managed to give away most of them, but were having trouble placing 2 adults, male & female, and possibly one 8 week old puppy. (This acquaintance is trying to keep the puppy, haha.) I guess for a while she was keeping them out in her vehicle... =/ Fortunately this girl noticed what was going on & stepped in and offered to help place them. She had seen my postings about Felix on FB, and after hearing the no-kill shelters were full as well as a few other fosterers, remembered me and called our mutual friend to get my number.

So, now were just sitting & waiting to here how many dogs still need placing. I already have a person "on hold" for the male possibly; someone who had put in an application for Felix but he had already been placed. So right away I checked with her to see if she still was looking for a dog; and she's agreed to fund the neuter & everything (by contract, my requirement) so if I do have him, he likely won't stay with us very long. But I will be sure to at least get some pictures. I'm waiting to find out if we have to drive the hour to pick them all up; or if she's able to find a babysitter she's going to meet us.

Just thought I'd keep my fellow chi people updated... I still had our playpen in our bedroom from when Felix was here and was actually getting ready to put it away in the basement when I got her call, lol.. so good timing as it may not be empty for long.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well! After an hour trip I have returned. With one little 8 week old chihuahua boy!! Who cried the whooooole way back LOL. It's gonna be a looong night =D

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I've been wondering!

What about the older two?

Hope cried the whole way home and was then fine once home and that was with no other pets here. Perhaps he will be fine. Of course, I moved into our guest bedroom room with her, she had a special quilt of her own, I held her while we slept, I took several days off work just to hold her....okay, maybe he will cry...haha!

Particulars? Skinny? Pudgy? Color? Do tell and congrats!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the older two, the parents of this guy, they managed to place with a friend of theirs. I'm a little bummed, just cuz obviously I'll have no way of knowing they won't just end up breeding again but they have a right to decide what to do with their dogs lol. They gave each of the puppies away to relatives of the acquaintance of mine; and without realizing it gave a puppy to two people who lived in the same apartment LOL. So, yeah, once each person realized it, they too were over the 1 dog limit; so that's why this one lil guy got returned.

He is frickin' adorable. I haven't pulled out my scale yet to weigh him but he's a chunky lil guy and was supposedly the largest in the litter. Only 8 weeks old. No vaccinations so we're going to get the distemper done tomorrow.

He's very active... he follows me around EVERYWHERE.

He looks just like a mini st bernard marking-wise! We're calling him Sprocket. =P It suits him lol. He's a very dark sable with white "irish markings."

Definitely don't think he's going to last long here, haha.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Awww I am so glad you went and got him. I hope the other two went to a good home and dont get bred again.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi im so proud of you youare doing wonderful things for animals congrat on your courage and dedication keep up the good work we need lots more people like you in this world love to see a pic

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. I set up a FB account just for my fosters. For the record, and I state it in the About Me also, I am NOT a shelter; just an Independent Foster Home!!! I'm just using this to network on there when I do have a dog available; as it was getting kinda weird since my regular Profile is private, but was getting lots of Friend Requests from people I didn't know via our local shelters. I'm weird about privacy, they can know everything about my dogs but don't need to know about my social life LOL!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003321377911

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yay for getting him to find a great home for. Hopefully the people who took the parents are good people. I think it's great there are people like you out there. I just saw his pics he will have a home quick!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts