Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again! Woke up this morning, took Pablo out, he Pooh'd a little, solid, etc... BUT the noises are back! He seems to be acting ok, playing with his bunny, but doesn't want to eat. I didn't give him any meds this morning, he took it for 2 days, todays the first day without. I don't know if I should give it to him, or call the "new"vet. They did say to call if he has a flare up, and they would see him as an emergency! Any suggestions? They don't open for another 20 minutes. I am seriously going to lose my mind! I can't take this anymore! I don't think he's had so many "flare ups" in a short period of time.
Something is going on.

Thanks for letting me vent-AGAIN~

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i'd give the new vet a call and get him in as an emergency. also if you have a list of info, suggestions, questions bring it. if you don't have one, get one made up. it helps so much when you have a problem. i do it with my own dr visits as well as my daughters and pets. especially when i'm worried, i dont want to forget anything and when you are stressed or worried you tend to leave out all the details. good luck, keep us updated

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice-AGAIN! LOL I do plan on bringing my "Pablo Handbook", just a few more minutes until they open. I'm so scared he has something really, really wrong. I'm in shock at how often we are having problems... my poor baby! O.k., it's 8:00 am here, so I'm gonna call the vet!

Carrie

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
if there is something seriously wrong, i wouldn't hesitate to bring it to the "old vets" attention. but that is just me, i'm cranky when it comes to my animals health and well being. :D (hugs) good luck if you need to vent or anything feel free to pm me any time you want. i know how you must feel, i hated all the guesswork with my tasha bird (but she was a really special case...more than just one health problem going on there)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got off the phone with the vet's office, they can see him at 4:eek:o today. But I can't give him any meds, or anything! His tummy just sounds terrible. Today will probably be the day that I get hysterical! I have to go pick up his records soon.
Thank you for really helping me with all of this, how is Chiwi is she feeling better? Give her a hug from Pablo and I ok! :)

Carrie

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
sometimes cosmo's belly make some weird squashing sounds like he's making his stomach to throw up ....is it a noise like that??
my vet said it was nothing to worry about .......

kisses nat

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the noises in his tummy sound like his tummy is just turning and turning. You can feel the movements. He doesn't want to eat or drink anything when he's like this, and he wants to eat a lot of grass, which he never does unless he feels bad. He poohed a little this morning, solid, didn't notice any blood/mucus. I just took him out again, and he poohed again- still solid, but maybe a little mucus???? He never has diarrhea, nor does he want to throw up. I'm so puzzled! I know that before we got him he had a very hard life, (he was abused/stray) I just want him to feel good and be as happy as he can be ya know. He was supposed to go to the "spa" (groomers) today, but I canceled that, don't want him even more stressed out! I wish 4:00 would get here already! 6 more hours! AHAH :(

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi seems better today, but she hasn't gotten up yet (she is such a lazy chi!!! she woke up to pee and drink but no playing yet, she does this eeryday so i'm not worried) thank you for asking.....

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
it sure does! she's up and playing with my mom right now so she's back to her self again. now it's pablo's turn! 3 1/2 more hours.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am so glad to hear Chiwi is feeling better! Probably just getting overheated and zoomin with soo much water in the belly! Watching the news, they are talking about tropical storm Adrian... Hurricane season doesn't start until June 1st! And there is already a storm system out there! This is gonna be another really bad year for us down in FL. I wonder how Pablo will do if we get hit with a hurricane like last year. We didn't get Mr. Pab's until Nov. He'll need to hold his "business", cuz I'm not going out in a hurricane! LOL
I know, I'm counting! His tummy seems to have quieted down a bit, but you can just tell he doesn't feel well! 3 hours!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you, I will. I need to leave in about 1 1/2 hrs! Anyone have any idea about how much blood work up and xray could run? Doesn't really matter, I'll do what I have to. I guess if I cleaned my house a little it would make the time go faster! :wink:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i'm not sure about xrays but i do know that around here a regular wellness blood screening is about 59 dollars. i never had to pay for the x-rays were i worked, i helped them take them so i didn't get charged...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know how to take x-rays of teeth, do ya think they'll let me help so I can get a discount? :lol: 1 more hour. I got nothing done today, picked up a few things in the living room that's about it. Gosh I am sick of this!

How is Auggie feeling? I hope much better. It's funny how worried we get. My fiance says I'm obsessive, but I can't help it. The look on their faces when they aren't feeling good, it could break anyones heart!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts