Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow at 2:30 I pick up my new spontaneous addition. Turns out that someone I'd screened out over a year ago to adopt one of my rescued chinese cresteds has a male chihuahua who needs a new home. He's around 3 years old, and a long coat. From what I've been told his temperament sounds delightful.. and he's good with other dogs. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.. =D

I'm off to bed.. will update with loads of photos tomorrow I'm sure, but heres one of the ones I was sent:

Wish me luck ;)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was so hoping I could sleep in so that I could just wake up and go get him.. but no.. it's not even 9am and I'm up, grrr. Can you tell I'm excited?
From what I was told, along with the crestie I'd given to her she also has a male pom who's very dominating over him and was constantly picking on him. He was rehomed originally to someone but apparently didn't adjust there, was always scared; despite being perfectly sociable before. So he was given back.. and then there was me. =D
I won't say yet whether he's permanent; of course I'd love him to be but I always let my pack be the one to make the final decision.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aww what a little cutie he is! I love his markings, such a cute little eye patch. I hope it works out for you and your pack and that he fits in nicely. :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Aww! You lucky duck. I'm so jealous you get to help all these little doggies! Good for you!

He's adorable by the way. Your pack is so sweet, I'm sure they'll have him. ;) Good luck today! Keep yourself busy so the time will fly!:D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's kind of a blessing.. I dunno.. See, in IL the legal dog limit is 4 per household. And I'm the kind of person who always wants to be able to help or take in a dog if I can... but once I hit 4 'permanent' residents I know I won't be able to do that. And it's always kinda funny, with the exception of Kahlua who I've always WANTED (I dreamed of a LC chocolate tri color) I end up with the dog that *needs* me rather than the ones I'm looking for, if that makes sense. Ellie I have because she's Lua's mom (how could I not?!) and well, you all know little Gatsby's story and he's my little man now. I'm not complaining by any means because it's very rewarding... but I still have my heart set on someday having a LC chocolate merle girl... and a white polka dot crestie like the baby I lost a few years back. But the more I fall in love with these ones I take in; though I'd never trade them for anything, it puts into perspective that I won't be able to have any more of my 'dream dogs' until long after their lifespan. I fear it almost makes me selfish.. but at the same time I can't emphasize enough how much I love being able to take in the ones that truly need it. Ah well, I'm rambling.
I always change the names of a rescue.. just as a celebration of a new start in life, a new identity and a chance to start over for them. I want to call this new boy Aloysius. I had made it Gatsby's middle name because I loved it and didn't exactly expect to have another boy, but now that I will... hmmm. He's currently "Cocoa" which IMO is a girl's name.. Aloysius means famous warrior.. it was the name of a lost dog that pee-wee herman found on one of his Playhouse episodes lol. Pronounced 'Alla-WISH-uss.' Idunno why I like it so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts