Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
What a cutie! Drowsy boy awww

I have a question:
On Feb. 25 I'm having relatives over to celebrate my birthday party. If I got Carl spayed like the day before, would it be too much excitement for him with the party going on?
Should I maybe get him spayed like a week earlier so he's all recovered by the party? I wouldn't mind if he was drowsy and sleepy (aka not hyper) for the party, I just don't want it to be too much excitement.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah I was in a right old state the other day, lol

Scout I personally would get it done a week before or after your party.I have kept people away from my house for the past few days to give zola some rest. He gets up and barks and tried to jump about if people are in and he just couldnt do it the last few days. The wounds need to heal and I like to keep a very close eye on him. I carry him at the moment cuz I dont want his wounds tearing trying to jump up on the sofa. You probably wouldnt have such a great time if you had a sleepy wounded chi to worry about anyway so yeah id say before or after but true be hold its all up to you. Good luck either way and your baby will be just fine :)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Thanks paint my world, for your advice!! I wanted someone who had experience with this to answer my question, so THANK YOU.
I'll definitely get him neutered a week or so before the party then.

·
Banned
4,807 Posts
Yup, Scout, I would get Carl neutered a week before the party. After Madison was neutered, he was sleepy for a day. The next day I had to try really hard to keep him contained... I didn't want him running around. I can imagine that if I had a party, it would be especially hard to keep him from running around and going nuts.

I'm glad that Zola is (probably done) with most of the recovery. He looks so cute all sprawed out on the couch with his bandage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts